Forums are back in action! ×

This Crazy Busy College Student is Ready to Respawn

Hello Everyone!

I've tried over and over again to get healthy, fit, and happy. But Usually it lasts a few days, then I kind of slip into my old habits. Being in college, my life is pretty crazy but I know that is no excuse to be unhealthy and to make time to work out. 

Honestly, I'm basically writing this so I WILL follow through this time. I've started logging my food, watching my carb content and doing pushups, squats and wall sits when I have a few minutes to spare. 

Anyone have any suggestions for a crazy busy college student? I also have Celiac so that makes going Paleo a little easier, but all the gluten-free treats seem to be almost haunting me. Anyone have any advice? Thanks. :)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Anna Level 1 Human Adventurer

STA 3 |DEX 2 |STR 2 |CON 3| WIS 3 |CHA 2

Surprise people with what you're capable of!

Take some time in the morning to do some stretching - it will help you wake up, and it'll help keep you relaxed and limber through the day.  Which, in turn, will help keep you ready and willing to knock out a few push-ups, squats, and wall sits when you find the time.

Good luck!

Take some time in the morning to do some stretching - it will help you wake up, and it'll help keep you relaxed and limber through the day.  Which, in turn, will help keep you ready and willing to knock out a few push-ups, squats, and wall sits when you find the time.

Good luck!

That's a good idea!! Thanks. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Anna Level 1 Human Adventurer

STA 3 |DEX 2 |STR 2 |CON 3| WIS 3 |CHA 2

Surprise people with what you're capable of!

I am also a college student and can relate to your situation. It's difficult to maintain healthy eating habits when basically everyone around you is eating pizza, cookies, etc. In addition, finals brings stress and emotional eating, and holiday parties equal an excuse to eat unhealthy food. But, we must resist the temptation to be like typical college students. After all, we're rebels and are trying to become healthy. So, even if you have a rough day, don't give up hope. Never let one day of bad eating turn into two. We can do this! 

"Don't trade what you want most of all for what you want in the moment." 

Hey AnnaChris13!  Also a college student here and I get it too, college totally disrupts workout schedule, especially when push comes to shove you'll skip a workout so you can study for a test.  One thing that I recommend is that if you don't work out in the morning, as in the first thing you do, probably won't ever do it.  That is what I have found in my case though but I am also a morning person.  Also short workouts are better because you are less likely to skip them if they take less time.  Or depending on who you are, if you go to the school's gym and spend all the time to get ready and head over there you will be more likely to actually workout since you spend all that time prepping.  

What kind of info do you want regarding Celiacs and your diet in college?  I have a friend who also has Celiacs and is very fit and active even with it but it would be helpful to know a little more on what you want to know so I could be more specific when I ask her.

• Like 1

Lord S'jet   lvl: 4

Challenges - Current

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time given to you" -Gandalf The Grey

Weight goal

0%
0%

Current: 174  Goal:140