Forums are back in action! ×

Black Hole of Excuses got me....

Blargh. I'm SO mad at myself right now. So so so mad.

So, recently I discovered the Zombies, Run! app. And I did SO much running and I loved it and after 4 weeks, I bought myself some awesome new running shoes as a reward. I got to the point that I could run a 5k after work in about an hour and not be totally wiped afterward. It was amazing!

Except then it started to get cold. And it got darker earlier. And then I moved to a new apartment in a less runner friendly area. And then Thanksgiving happened. And now its been maybe 3 weeks in the last time I went for a run and I can't seem to muster up the energy to do it when I get home in the evenings because its dark and cold and I'm tired and I need to arrange things in my new apartment.

I am SO good at excuses. I'm basically best friends with the black hole full of them that swallowed me whole.

So this morning I woke up 4 pounds heavier than my heaviest ever. It's time for a re-spawn. In order to respawn and NOT get sucked back in, I've signed up for a five week dance class, something I have to leave the house, show up at a place, and interact with people. I've always wanted to take dance classes, but this will really be my first, so I'm hoping it goes really well.

I also may or may not have snagged a clearance rack stability ball last night. Maybe I can play my way out of those 4 pounds and then some...

• Like 4

Excuses are not the same as good reasons.  You had good reasons and you've taken steps (pun!) to find a good solution.

Yay, go you!  Happy dancing! :D

First off, congrats on respawning! It's awesome that you're here. I also wanted to say that it's normal for our bodies to fluctuate in weight a bit randomly. Going up and down 4 or 5 lbs is normal, so don't sweat it (pun intended. Excess water in our system is part of this).

I know it's hard, but if you just get up and decide to run or walk or job or whatever, no thinking, just doing, then it'll be so much easier to stay on track. Thinking can be a bad thing sometime. Just do.

Have fun dancing. Great cardio.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher