Forums are back in action! ×

There we goooooooo again. Cheat days really don't work for me. I just can't say 'just one' and I ended up stuffing myself with alll these carby foods... If I could actually see myself doing that I'd probably be grossed out.

Any way, it might just be a psychological thing. Family problems and stress are both increasing, as is the exam pressure and the application deadline for uni is coming closer... I worked so so hard to find balance in my life, worked so long to slowly build it all up and BAM, for some reason every time something goes remotely wrong I end up failing terribly. 

Better tomorrow? Hope so. My last exam is in 2 days so I hope I'll feel better after that, for starters! :)

My working out schedule is still on point though ;) just the damn food.... 

• Like 1

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

100 consecutive push-ups goal

25%
25%

If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you!

Stress eating is a thing - there are some schools of thought that suggest it's a hard-wired behavior for survival; pack on the calories and quick sugar fixes for optimal fight-or-flight scenarios.

Which doesn't help you, per se, except to say it isn't just a matter of willpower and self-control.

I suggest that you not beat yourself up about "falling off the wagon" - especially with so much stress in your life.  It might be that as a whole, the "cheat" system doesn't work for you and a more moderated approach might be the better answer.

Good luck!

I've never had much luck with plans that allow me to 'cheat.' Maybe those plans aren't best for you either and you might benefit from trying something different. Either way, as was already said, don't beat yourself up over one bad day or bad meal. Shake it off and go back to work. Sometimes knowing your triggers lets you work around them. If stress makes you eat, maybe the next change you work on can be learning new ways to handle stress. Anyway, you're awesome for being here and trying to make yourself better every day. If today didn't go your way, you have the power to make tomorrow better.

Battle Log

"Those who feel themselves despised do well to look despising. The smile on Bernard Marx's face was contemptuous." 

O wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't.

— William Shakespeare

The good thing here is that you recognize the problem.Now that you have, you can work on correcting it and making sure it stays away for good.

One bad day or meal isn't going to throw you off and make you fat. Just like one good day or one good meal won't make you fit. Consistency is key to living a healthy lifestyle. Focus on the small changes to your diet. Maybe you're trying to do too much at once? Willpower is a finite source, and stress from family or work and day to day life slowly drains our Will bar. Maybe meditating or yoga can help you replenish it?

Good luck with this. At least you're in the right place.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

The good thing here is that you recognize the problem.Now that you have, you can work on correcting it and making sure it stays away for good.

One bad day or meal isn't going to throw you off and make you fat. Just like one good day or one good meal won't make you fit. Consistency is key to living a healthy lifestyle. Focus on the small changes to your diet. Maybe you're trying to do too much at once? Willpower is a finite source, and stress from family or work and day to day life slowly drains our Will bar. Maybe meditating or yoga can help you replenish it?

Good luck with this. At least you're in the right place.

Hey!

Yes, yoga does help a lot! I try to do it every day and I succeed (almost) every time :) 

You are right, I do try to do too much at once, it's always a bit like ''oh no in 2 weeks I have to be at some party I have to look absolutely amazing by then'' and then I put too much pressure on myself, leading to more irrational eating or behaviour. Maybe I'll have to go by ''steady as she goes'' instead :D 

Thank you :) !

• Like 2

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

100 consecutive push-ups goal

25%
25%

If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you!

Hey!

Yes, yoga does help a lot! I try to do it every day and I succeed (almost) every time :) 

You are right, I do try to do too much at once, it's always a bit like ''oh no in 2 weeks I have to be at some party I have to look absolutely amazing by then'' and then I put too much pressure on myself, leading to more irrational eating or behaviour. Maybe I'll have to go by ''steady as she goes'' instead :D

Thank you :) !

You're welcome. Glad I could be of assistance. PDazzle had some good advice, too.

I hear you on the trying to look your best thing. I find that it always backfires. One setback makes me think "damn, guy, you're looking flabby. So much for those muscles you thought you had", and then I feel like crap about myself for days. But if we recognize that we can only do so much and that success is the result of thousands of small victories, we will feel confident in ourselves that we're on the right path. Self-confidence radiates from us, making us actually seem better. And we are. Great things take time.

Take things slow. Do your best on all the small things, and they'll lead you to a better, happier life.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher