Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

I'm pretty sure no-one wants to see me naked, and I've been married for 12 years and have three kids. Though my wife is just as down on her own body, and I LOVE seeing her naked, so... go figure.

Dude! You know what I'm gonna say. YOU KNOW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Top being me (Ok, I'm 6lbs heavier right now than in this picture. December wasn't kind - but it was fun!).

I loathe how I look. I truly do. It's been kind of fucking with me a bit more than normal recently, when the trainer I work with told me I am obese. It kind of made me feel like shit, when I was all proud of cutting from 241 to 206 (thank god I'm very tall).

progress1_zpsa857f574.jpg

image003.jpg

The only thing wrong with this picture is that you're not smiling.

Mind you..... You've got such a killer smile that maybe it's a good thing. Us ladies might faint, or go weak at the knees if we saw that body and smile in the same picture...... :P

EDIT: And btw - what a load of crap! You have more muscle and definitely less fat than that guy.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Top being me (Ok, I'm 6lbs heavier right now than in this picture.  December wasn't kind - but it was fun!).

I loathe how I look.  I truly do.  It's been kind of fucking with me a bit more than normal recently, when the trainer I work with told me I am obese.  It kind of made me feel like shit, when I was all proud of cutting from 241 to 206 (thank god I'm very tall).

progress1_zpsa857f574.jpg

image003.jpg

Aren't you 6'4" or something? At least 6'2", I'm sure. Anyway, your trainer is full of beans. 

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I might have some dissonance between how I view my body and how it appears to others.

For most of my life, I've been really, really skinny (started high school 6'3", 140, graduated 6'4" 160), and so I've ranged somewhere from this if I'm feeling bad about myself:

balefighterBAR_450x599.jpg

to this, if I'm feeling good.:

17_skinnies_lg.jpg

I put on a little weight at the end of college when I got into lifting, and looked more normal -ish. As in, occasionally I would see people skinnier than me, and think, "Oh, I don't look like that any more."

Then, more recently, I've gotten into lifting again. I've gained 20lbs (6'6", 210 atm), and am the strongest I've ever been in my life. People recently have started telling me that I am looking muscular and such, and one of my coworkers (who has made it very clear he's attracted to me), tells me I have the body that he is working for. But when I look in the mirror, I see myself just as skinny as ever, but now sans abs, and with a little gut from trying to gain weight. I don't really know what I look like anymore.

Edit: I realized this was pointless without any pictures of me. So, it became selfie time.

Le me:

jUKEBQhl.jpg

Le me flexing and posing like a dumbass:

lFn8Tvhl.jpg

I'm super late but I swear I've seen this guy on the cover of a Flash comic. You've got "super hero" written all over your physique.

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarf Half-Dragon Monk

Monk Apprentice. My Current Challenge.

STR: 1 | STA:1 | DEX: 0 | CON: 0| WIS: 1 | CHA: 0

"Do or do not. There is no try." -Awesome Short Dude

I might have some dissonance between how I view my body and how it appears to others.

For most of my life, I've been really, really skinny (started high school 6'3", 140, graduated 6'4" 160), and so I've ranged somewhere from this if I'm feeling bad about myself:

balefighterBAR_450x599.jpg

to this, if I'm feeling good.:

17_skinnies_lg.jpg

I put on a little weight at the end of college when I got into lifting, and looked more normal -ish. As in, occasionally I would see people skinnier than me, and think, "Oh, I don't look like that any more."

Then, more recently, I've gotten into lifting again. I've gained 20lbs (6'6", 210 atm), and am the strongest I've ever been in my life. People recently have started telling me that I am looking muscular and such, and one of my coworkers (who has made it very clear he's attracted to me), tells me I have the body that he is working for. But when I look in the mirror, I see myself just as skinny as ever, but now sans abs, and with a little gut from trying to gain weight. I don't really know what I look like anymore.

Edit: I realized this was pointless without any pictures of me. So, it became selfie time.

Le me:

jUKEBQhl.jpg

Le me flexing and posing like a dumbass:

lFn8Tvhl.jpg

I'm super late but I swear I've seen this guy on the cover of a Flash comic. You've got "super hero" written all over your physique.

• Like 2

Some reason I thinking newer Hawkeye series, but Flash works too.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Can someone explain why they use fruit to describe body shapes (pear, apple..). Was someone hunger for fruit coming up with the body types?

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

My guess is it started with pear shaped because what else is that shape, except a gourd? Then they had to stick with fruit because that theme was better than a hodge podge of gourds, bocce balls, and rulers.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Gourds come in all shapes and sizes (ex. pumpkins are gourds, but clearly are not pear-shaped):            

GourdsFromIowa.jpg

Some are smooth, bumpy, big, small and everything in between, apple- pear- lemon- pineapple- whatever- shaped, every color under the sun, or just plain weird. Maybe we should use gourds for comparison instead of fruit. 

• Like 2

eat a peach?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=peach

Be warned, it's urban dictionary.

Also, the artist Peaches comes to mind. She's all about her peach from what her songs have led me to believe.

for hours?

Must be swore after that.

creepy-smile-o.gif

• Like 3

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Huzzah for body image issues when you're getting your hair done and some chick with the perfect body strolls in and the hair dresser sits her right in front of you so you have to stare at them the entire time you're getting your hair done!

I LOVE YOU LIFE!

:black_eyed:

• Like 1

Huzzah for body image issues when you're getting your hair done and some chick with the perfect body strolls in and the hair dresser sits her right in front of you so you have to stare at them the entire time you're getting your hair done!

I LOVE YOU LIFE!

:black_eyed:

Shouldn't you sit in front of a mirror the entire time, while getting your hair done?