Forums are back in action! ×

My name is Cassie.  I'm 27.  I'm looking to lose around 70 pounds AGAIN!  In 2009 I lost 70 pounds by eating real, whole foods (80/20) and exercising regularly.  I then kept the weight off for several years.  At the beginning of 2013 I started gaining weight again.  Now I'm 5-10 pounds heavier than when I started last time and ready to get rid of the weight for good.

At this point in my life I travel constantly.  I haven't actually checked but I'm pretty sure last year I was gone from my apartment more than I actually lived here.  This is one of my biggest struggles in creating momentum again.  I know what to do.  I know how to do it.  But staying motivated, especially while traveling, has been a challenge.

In the past I was active on some weight loss forums and loved the sense of support and community I found there.  I'm hoping that this will enable me to feel more supported and have some accountability to stay on track, even when I'm on the road.  

Exercise I like:  variety, strength training (though I've mostly done this at home in the past, I do have a crappy gym membership now), HIIT workouts, TurboFire type stuff, walking my dog/light hiking, and crossfit (during the month I had a membership there at the peak of my fitness I loved it).

Eating strategies that work for me:  for the most part I enjoy eating mostly paleo-ish when I can tackle my sugar addiction, I love broccoli, I don't mind tracking food in my Lose It app and it helps keep me on track, having a relaxed day once a week or so is a must (although going crazy on it is not)

Other things that I remember that really helped:  drinking tons of water (and using painters tape on water bottle to keep a tally), telling other people that I was on a weight loss journey (I have a habit of being secretive which doesn't work for me), working to make my lifestyle in general more active (not just during exercise time)

I'm mostly focusing on the positive here.  I could obviously ramble off things I hate but that seems counterproductive.

My main quest is to get back down to a healthy weight for my height and maintain a balanced, active lifestyle until I'm old and gray.  

• Like 2

*insert cool superhero name here*

battle log:  you gotta work b*tch

first challenge:  countdown to mardi gras

amazon ranger

level 0  :onthego: 

Hi! It must be tough travelling a lot and keeping some kind of a routine, there are so many bodyweight & outdoor exercises on the blog, which is awesome :)

I'm kinda new myself (signed up about 3 weeks ago), and I must say this is the most positive, ass-kicking community I've ever joined for getting fit & healthy! I love that the whole focus is on what you can gain, what you can do more of, how much more awesome you can be :D

So you're doing a respawn, that is badass! And it sounds like you've got good clear ideas about your direction, which is half the battle. WIN :D And your old and grey comment made me think of this... so gonna be me too someday (if I'm lucky!).

Badass

• Like 2

Half-Orc / Level 4 / Assassin

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 4 CON - 13.5 WIS - 3 CHA - 6

Twitter: @hybrid756

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Challenge wrap up! April 12 - May 24 2015!
Challenge 1

Bf% - from 50% to 20%

21%
21%

Friendz :) Thanks for keeping me from talking to myself

I quite often talk to myself - sometimes that's the only way to get a sane response. ;)

You mentioned that you travel quite a bit - have you considered looking at some of the bodyweight programs?  I know travel, especially for work, is tiring as all heck, but it might be a good place to get started.  Or yoga, for that matter, to help take the edge off and still get a good sweat without the "urgh, how many burpees?" moment.

• Like 1

I'm definitely going to keep some of the body weight workouts in my back pocket.  I prefer to use weights on at least some of my workouts so i think the goal is going to be to do weighted workouts most of the time and then if i'm traveling somewhere without a gym, just switch to a body weight routine. 

As a general rule, I hate yoga (i've tried sooooo hard) so that's out. 

*insert cool superhero name here*

battle log:  you gotta work b*tch

first challenge:  countdown to mardi gras

amazon ranger

level 0  :onthego: