Forums are back in action! ×

1 year since my surgery

December 9th marked 1 year since i got my gallbladder taken out. i was very sick before i got it out and even the doctors where shocked that i was still functioning and ate A LOT. i was actually eat and large meal at Arbys when my docotor call and told me that it was working at 3.3% she asked me if i was sure i was ok! she said the lowest they go for surgery is 12%. i was constantly tired and overall sickly and i smelled. (not to mention the pain i had whenever i ate and the bathroom runs.) i literally had a dead organ inside me that could have killed me slowly!! now that it's out i'm not sickly at at all but i still have the bad habit of sleeping to much which makes me tired. and since my gallbladder wasn't working in the first place and now it's gone, my digestion is pretty much the same. big meals hurt. super delicious fatty meals hurt and i can only handle 1 egg a day or 1 egg every couple days. which sucks because my mom has her own chicken that lay THE BEST eggs!! also to much meat is hard to digest too. (i never realized that i actually paid attention to what i was eating fro the whole year lol) bread still hurts but only when i eat too much of it. might be a gluten intolerance but i'm not overly worried about it anymore. by body likes rice and vegetables while i like fatty fried southern food that i can't digest and makes me smell lol.

i still eat the same way i did before and it's not a good thing i've gained 20 pounds instead of lost 20 pounds and i have to start over again which is completely fine i'm not upset about it. my quality of life is much better now that it's out and i  FINALLY got a new job that not fast food. however it is in retail but i like it better i walk around and move more then i used too and i have to get up a little earlier. 

i'm going to make 2015 my best year. i'm going to cut out or limit the foods that make me hurt and bring in the foods that make me feel good. (most likely Japanese way of eating...i even have a walmart Bento box lol) and i'm going to work hard. i won't even focus on losing weight just the food i'm putting into my body and how i feel and if i lose like 80 pounds or even 30 pounds in the process then great. i'm not going to stress over it anymore. i'll even buy new clothes that actually fit, big or small i'll Embrace my inner nerd and be happy and healthy.

• Like 2

Natildora

It's good that you can walk around more at your new job. It sounds like your body is telling you what food you should eat! Maybe you're just addicted to the unhealthy stuff out of habit? When I eat salty food, like fried chicken, it makes me want it more and more. I think you should try listening to your body. Don't fight your body; work with it. 

If you still want the same flavours, you can get them with substitutions. For example, you can make mashed potatoes using cauliflower, or you can make crumbed chicken breasts using a mixture of nuts and spices to get the crunchiness. There are lots of options on Gluten-free websites for healthier options. Paleo recipes also sound like they'd be good, but maybe with less meat until you can handle it again. 

As for restarting your character to level 1... That's up to you. I wouldn't want to undo the hard work I had before. But at the same time, you can't take on Level 10 beasties if you're functioning at level 1... So maybe it's a good idea to start easy, stomp on some mudcrabs or shoot some bunnies, before you go back to fighting the dragons. So maybe not making your character level 1, but doing a level 1 quest/challenge (in terms of difficulty) would be a good idea. 

I hope your quality of life continues to improve!

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

Hugs to you, Unikarm! I encourage you in your fresh start!

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3