Forums are back in action! ×

Trying to re-wire my brain...

Hi, I'm Ezra. 27 years old, living in Chapel Hill, NC.

I had a pretty crappy year for a lot of reasons and I've realized that I have a ton of habits that are really extremely unhealthy. I come home from work and I sit down at the computer to try to muffle my anxieties with the internet.

I had brain cancer when I was a teenager; the surgery left me with some severe motor and balance deficits. I recovered enough to get by, but I think it served me as an excuse not to work hard at exercise or anything else.

I want to change everything, but only one little bit at a time!

Greetings fellow rebel! I definitely agree with your statement about changing a little bit at a time. As the saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day. Sometimes you may feel discouraged, but you must persevere. After all, little by little one walks far. Best of luck!

"Don't trade what you want most of all for what you want in the moment." 

Take it one step at a time, but make sure you're headed in the right direction. ;)

Habits are hard to break, especially those that involve emotions. I have had issues over the years with emotional internet addiction. The internet is my primary social outlet and has been for years. It's hard to break the habits of late nights and click, click, click and not doing much else.

Hope all goes well for you. :)

"Being split in two halves is no theory with me, Doctor. I have a human half, you see, as well as an alien half, submerged, constantly at war with each other. Personal experience, Doctor. I survive it because my intelligence wins out over both, makes them live together." -- S'chn T'gai Spock