Forums are back in action! ×

Not sure where to go, but I've got to get out of here

Hi Everyone

I'm a 33 year old computer guy who loves the outdoors, building things, gaming, tech, and pretty much all things nerdy. I'm originally from NYC and now living in NJ near Princeton with my lovely wife and our two pet bunnies. :nevreness: I have also been battling with being overweight since I can remember... Thing is, I hate excercise (boring/frustrating, childhood bullying at the hands of jocks in hyper-competitive sports-focused schools) and love food (amateur chef). This, coupled with a desk job and 2 hour commute one way has lead to my current state: 6'6" and probably close to 300lbs again (kinda scared to check). I suppose things could be worse, but I know if I don't change my ways they will be.

So here's my reset!

I quit my job in NYC after finding a new one about 40 minutes away. The extra time was my main motivator since it will let me have time to cook healthy meals and work out regularly. The new place has a very different atmosphere from the old one, and there's even a gym in the building. ^_^

My goals to start with are simple and revolve around building good habits.

• Adopt a largely paleo diet - I don't think I can quit carbs cold turkey, but I can definitely start down the path. I do love a good steak...
  • Excercise 3 times a week - The gym in the office is nice, but I'm liking what I see here around bodyweight excercises even more.
  • Cook healthy meals 5 nights a week - I view this as a challege to my amateur-chef-hood. I suck at cooking vegies, so here's a chance to improve that, too.
  • Figure out healthy lunches - I usually eat whatever is around. I'm thinking salads and/or bento-style meals.

Past that, I have no idea. I just want to be healthy and like myself when I look in the mirror. I figure the steps above will help me get there as I start to figure out the longer-term life goals.

So, again, hi all. Nice to meet you!

Battle Log

Weight-loss Goal (294lbs - 230lbs):

12.5%
12.5%