Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone! This site looks really cool and helpful, and I look forward to looking around more :)

I'm a 25 year old guy living in NYC. I recently realized that I've gained some weight since I started my grad school fellowship this year, and I want to do something about it. It's nothing major, but if I don't take control, I'm gonna get fat. I'm also engaged, and my fiancè and I are starting to plan the wedding, which makes me REALLY wanna look good for when that day comes!

I started following a 5x5 plan to build strength and get fit, and am cutting out fried foods and minimizing sugar/carbs. I realize the diet is gonna be the hardest part because I barely have any time to cook, which is how I ended up gaining the weight in the first place. I've worked out for a couple years on and off before, but I really want to make this time stick, so I'm doing more to hold myself accountable. I do know that I'm more likely to eat better if I'm also going to the gym, so I'm trying to get in that habit now, while I'm on vacation.

Nerd interests include board games, Nintendo, anything to do with Joss Whedon, and a bunch of other random tv/movies/books 

• Like 1

Aww I'm happy to hear that (engage part I mean...not weight).

Can you spare few hours on one day a week to cook bunch of meals for the week? It's good way to get on track on what you eat.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I do manage to set aside an hour on Sunday to make a box of (whole wheat) pasta and chicken for the week, which is just about the only healthy thing I eat in a day. My schedule during the week is very hectic, and has me student teaching/going to school from about 8am til 5 or 6, depending on the needs of the day, and then I have to go home and do homework, so I have zero time (or energy) to cook during the week. Then, my weekends are usually spent doing other errands. 

Though as I write this, I realize that I could probably take more charge of my life and start making myself spend some time on the weekend, since I can't seem to think of what kind of shenanigans eat up my time. Guess I just need to figure out what to make.