Forums are back in action! ×

Mr. K's middle age madness

Howdy y'all!  

NF looks like a great community.  Glad to be on board.

I like that NF emphasizes healthy emotions and a healthy mind as well as a healthy body.  I'm bouncing back from a long period of self-pity, fear of conflict, and holding on to resentments in my marriage. All these led to really poor choices on my part (drinking, hiding $$$, lying) and now I'm dedicating myself to better practices.

I'm 39, excited to turn 40 in February, and weigh 167 lb. with 17% body fat.  Long term fitness goals : I want to get to 12% body fat.  Then I'd like to build my squat+bench+deadlift total to 800+lb and enter a powerlifting competition.

I began StrongLifts about 2 months ago and enjoy it.  Some specific and more immediate goals are to :

1) continue lifting weights three times per week

2) add cardio twice a week, 20+ min

3) stop eating candy and junky desserts.  Otherwise my diet's good.

4) add meditation for 15+ min every day.

I look forward to joining the January challenge and finding a support team.  Enjoy the end of the year, folks!

Warmly, 

Mr. K

• Like 1

Level 0 Half-Elf Adventurer (-->Ranger) 

Goal : Change percentage body fat from 17% to 12%.

10%
10%

Relationship goals - excellent suggestion, CIT, as relationship challenges are at the heart of my emotional/mental satisfaction.  Yes, I will include them.  I'll need some time to think about how to set them up to be measurable, realistic, etc.  Suggestions anyone?

10%
10%

Thanks for the suggestions, CIT.  When one's in the dark, some whistling sure helps provide direction.  :)

I especially like the idea of making sure my wife and I set apart some time to spend together, really focused on one another, no distractions.  Twice a week for 20 minutes sounds realistic and doable.  And this just came to me - I could couple the together-time with your compliment idea by writing down things she does or says that I especially appreciate or admire, and sharing those with her during our time.

A good start!  And I do foresee date nights and better gift giving in the long run.

Any other readers have ideas of measurable goals toward improving relationships?  

10%
10%