Forums are back in action! ×

Theatresara's super cliche respawn

So, I know that it is incredibly cliche to make fitness goals on January 1st. However, for myself, this isn't about the new year or "this year's definitely going to be different, I swear".  It's about having learned a lot about myself, coming to terms with those things, and then setting a start date to do something about it.  While I've been easing back into healthy eating and exercising, I knew that officially beginning a new routine on the 1st of the month would be a huge help to mentally making it happen.

So, the realizations and what I'm going to do about it:

Realization 1:  I'm the biggest I've ever been.  I'm flirting with 180lbs on the scale and none of that is healthy weight.  I'm buying at least one, if not two sizes up in clothing from my normal and generally am disgusted when I look in the mirror.  A healthy weight for my height and build is in the 130-150 range.  The smallest I've been in my adult life is 145 and I'd ideally like to make it back there.

Realization 2:  As much as I tell myself that I have a job that isn't sedentary, it really is.  Yes, some days I'm on my feet running around theaters for hours.  Other days, I sit in a chair and sew for 20 hours, only moving to eat, go to the bathroom, and get more supplies.  This means that the second I fall off the bandwagon, it shows.  I can no longer rely on the "tech week crazy" to get me back down to my normal weight after two weeks of barely moving.

Realization 3: I don't mind working out at the gym.  I hate actually traveling to the gym.  It's the taking time to sit in the car that I don't like.

What I'm going to do about it:

1) Every month, there is going to be some at-home exercise that I do every day (a la "30 day pushup challenge).  This way I can have some sort of planned movement every day that doesn't take long, therefore guaranteeing I can do it even on my busiest days.  I'm beginning with squats this month and will do 100 every day (they can be in multiple sets if I need them to be).  Planks and push-ups will probably also be frequent options.

2)  Last month, I joined a 24hour Planet Fitness that's only about 3 miles from my house.  I am going to do everything I can to make it there three times a week.  I have a few weeks coming up where I'm balancing 3 busy work schedules at once, but even a 30 minute work out before or after work will make a huge different.

3)  I'm going to make a concentrated effort to eat healthy, beginning by cutting out sodas and cookies/cake/donuts.  While it will be hard to not partake in the constant flow of break room junk food, I don't even particularly like these two things, at least not as much as I enjoy other foods.  My birthday and other select special occasions will be the exception to this rule, particularly if my mom makes me my favorite birthday cake.

4)  Once I've made these three things a habit, I will continue to make baby steps forward, particularly in the healthy eating category.  I'm trying to make a plan that is completely doable at first and then will add to it as I feel confident.

5)  I will also get back into the swing of the 6 week challenges.  The first one will probably include somethings from this list as I jump back on the bandwagon, but staying involved in this community and participating in mini-challenges helps me a lot.

So there we go.   And here I go!

• Like 1

Theatresara: Wig Stylist and Interactive Performer extraordinaire 

Current Challenge Thread   http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/73790-theatresara-joins-the-scouts/

Main Quest:  Lose 30 Pounds

0%
0%

I like your goals, they are well thought out and doable.  You can do this!  I'll be looking for you during the 6 week challenges.

Liser Frenche

Level 1 - STR : 1.3 | DEX : 1.5 | STA : 1.5 | CON : 1.5 | WIS : 0 | CHA : 0

Current Challenge  /Battle Log I   

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

MFP username: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/liserfrenche

"Strive for Progress, Not Perfection"