Forums are back in action! ×

No Use Being Nervous Now...

Hi Nerds! As you might have realised from the title, I'm kinda nervous here, even if I know it's not productive or useful at all.. xD

I'm Nerine, a 20-year-old university student (BSc Molecular Life Sciences) from the Netherlands. I have this thing about not starting something without doing as much research as I can/knowing all the facts/feel confident and comfortable around it -- for example, as a small child I did not speak until I was able to speak in semi-properly formatted sentences -- meaning I have been reading through dozens of introduction posts before even hitting the "Make New Topic" button. What I found out though was that everyone is pretty much just doing whatever they want with theirs, so I guess I can't really go wrong here.

I have had weight-issues since High School, and making an attempt to get back to a healthy weight every couple of months. I usually succeed, or at least lose a bit of weight, but then can't seem to care enough, or keep myself accountable enough, to keep going. As a result, I usually gain a bit more than I lose every single time, meaning I am now at my highest weight of around 200lbs/90 kg. (Yes, the Netherlands uses the kg system, not the lbs system, but I got used to calculating in lbs through the internet. I also tend to like lbs more for the simple fact that noting my losses in lbs make them seem bigger, which helps with motivation.)

Emails from NerdFitness have been entering my inbox for months now, but I never could get myself to take the step to actually sign up for the forums, make an introduction, and actually participate. Seeing as we have now entered a new year -- and I have spend the past couple of days reading as many posts and topics on here as I can -- I finally feel ready, and even somewhat confident, in joining you all! 

In the past, I have tried maintaining a fitblr/healtblr (fitness/health related tumblr), but I never could really get into it. I have a couple of people I found on there that I stay connected to through things like Nike+ challenges, but mostly I feel like the people who tend to have such a blog are just too different from me. Here's hoping that NerdFitness, with all it's nerds in various forms, will be a better place for me.

I think that's about it. If I forgot anything, or if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them. I'd love to get to know you all!

• Like 2

Main Quest: Lose 50 pounds in 2015

13%
13%

Finish Zombies!Run 5k training app

0%
0%

I've looked around previous challenges, and I do plan on joining this one. I already had a new workout schedule figured out for this month anyway, so it wasn't too much trouble converting that to a challenge format. Going to be posting my Challenge Thread after this.

Main Quest: Lose 50 pounds in 2015

13%
13%

Finish Zombies!Run 5k training app

0%
0%

Heya! Welcome to NF! Might I add that you made a fine choice of coming here!

So, before you pack up your proverbial bag and take that first step towards "the" epic journey of health and fitness, I'll advice you to tread slowly and carefully. Tackle your goals one challenge at a time so that you don't flood and ultimately overwhelm yourself with goals because that surely is a recipe for disaster.

I'll be rooting for you every step of the way!

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.