Forums are back in action! ×

All The Way to Level 50 :)

Hey, all! I’m an 18-year-old college girl from the Midwest. I'm a nursing major, looking to specialize in oncology, and slightly obsessed with Guild Wars II and Alaska. Please, call me Ash. :)

I’ve been somewhat active through my life (competitive swimming and English eventing equestrian, mostly), but I’ve never actually been “fit.†I’m 5’6†and, according to the BMI scale, exactly average… But that really doesn’t mean much to me. There isn’t much muscle happening, and endurance is also pretty non-existent. That needs to change, especially before the long hours of nursing school really set in!

Nerd Fitness has kinda been my online hideaway for a few months (read: classic lurker). I’ve read a lot of the blog posts, and hunted around on Zen Habits as well. It was enough motivation to start me swimming again, and also try out CrossFit. I didn’t really have a “choice,†working as a lifeguard at a YMCA, and knowing almost all the CrossFitters, but believe me – there are plenty of excuses to use.

My ultimate dream, right now, is to get into hiking. It’s something I’ve always been interested in, and I have the life goal of hiking the Appalachian Trail, all the way through. Pretty crazy, because I have a long way to go till then. But, my mind is completely made up; now it’s time to actually travel the road to get there. I have to change my diet, and also start a workout routine that can become a habit, which is why I turned to Nerd Fitness.

So… Here goes nothing! :)

• Like 1

It's good to have a crazy goal :) My goal for hiking is to hike all of the Kings Trail in Sweden. 

Good luck :)

Ent - Level 3

Strength (STR) - 6     Dexterity (DEX) - 0.5     Stamina (STA) - 2.5     Constitution (CON) - 2     Wisdom (WIS) - 2.75     Charisma (CHA) - 0

Squat 50 kg Current weight: 42,5

85%
85%

Short term goal to finish a 30 day squat challenge.

100%
100%

Hi Ash!  I think you will find yourself in good company, as myself and several other rebels all have aspirations of completing the Appalachian trail. I'm currently looking at a start date that is about two years out, which hopefully will be enough time to prepare physically, mentally and financially. I would suggest talking to Alienjenn, as she is also looking to do the trail around the same time, and was largely responsible for moving the trip out of the realm of fantasy in my mind.

Best of luck to you, as someone who grew up in Illinois, I know that it can be tough in the midwest to make much hiking happen, but where there is a will, there is a way. :)

Current Challenge - ßean limps into the Assassins Guild Daily Battle Log - ßean's Daily Grind No Soda Challenge: 365 Days | Current: 175 Days (Updated 07/19/15)

47.95%
47.95%