Forums are back in action! ×

Unlimited call & text plan users,what does this mean??

I got a Samsung Galaxy III last month. My old phone was a prepaid Verizon Wireless flip phone from wal-mart. I usually put $15 a month on it. I had 16 cents left when I got this new(new for me) smart phone. The new phone is the same as the other,prepaid,from wal-mart, went through the steps to keep my same number..

I used a $45 card from walmart for the new phone...now it has been a month, the card/data expired yesterday..but it says I have 186.01 MB remaining on my "data package"...does this mean I lose that 186.01 MB?

I have not got a new card yet, will sometime sunday or monday 

for some reason I got a message that says "current balance is 16 cents, next payment is due before 3/10/15???! what??

I don't understand what this data stuff is...why can't it just tell me how much of the $45 is left?

I mostly use this phone for the wifi & facebook messenger. I hardly ever call or receive calls. 

Statement of limitation/No Liability:  I am not a proffessional nor do I work for any particular phone/service provider.  Information is being given as advice (as terrible as it may be due to lack of experience/training/etc.) Any advice acted upon is an assumption of risk taken by user.

Data should be charged just like minutes for calling or number of texts.  I am a bit confused on your issue based on background; I have a contract with my service provider and I am not buying cards month-to-month, but if I understand the card system it is a use or lose system for a range of time.  I believe cards normally have a number of days along with how much data/minutes/texts associated.

Examples: let's say you purchased unlimited minutes/texting and 1 G data for 30 days and 186 M at the end of 30 days; if I understand the system you would lose the 186 M.  If you instead purchased a 60/90 day card then you have 186 M remaining before you need to purchase another card (I don't think there are any data only ones and I am not sure how exactly the card plans stack each other).

What I would recommend is to go to a representative who is more knowledgable about the way the cards work and ask them directly. 

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

Verizon prepaid's 45$ plan give you unlimited talk and text and 500 Mb of Data. Data is used whenever you access the internet from your phone or recieve a picture/video message. when you switched plans you used 45$ from your verizon "account" to pay your bill. fast forward 30 days from then, and you will need to pay another 45$ for this next month. your data will not rollover, you will be reset back to 500 Mb. 

"Talga Vassternich. Deserve Victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule

Captain Drop's Introduction

Captain Drop's Battle Log