Forums are back in action! ×

So many posts to read, so easy to get distracted from the plan

Wow, these forums are huge.  So much info to read through I'm tempted to just sit and read and not do any exercise!

I've just posted my fitness goals for the next couple of months in the 6 week challenge thread so won't repeat them here.  

I'm a 39 year old man, married, working in healthcare in the UK, no children but a dog.  I should have got fit years ago but it somehow was never a priority.  I'm fed up now of being a skinny weak nerd so have decided to take action.  I enjoy reading crime and sci fi novels, roleplaying (fantasy, star wars, cthulhu, happy to try anything), watching TV (currently programs like Doctor Who, NCIS, Broadchurch, Musketeers,The 100).  

I love the nerd fitness concept of levelling up your life, becoming the super hero you always wanted to be. I'm focusing on bodyweight exercises to start with form strength along with yoga for flexibility.  Diet wise it's going to be a slow change, starting with adding vegetables and next increasing my protein intake.  Then I plan to gradually decrease my carbs.  I eat pretty much home cooked food at present already, just a lot of pasta, rice and pizza.

Having done my exercise and yoga for the day I'm going to spend the next few hours happily browsing these forums. 

• Like 1

Fitness:  Self defence, Yoga, Meditation.  As of July 16 dumbell weight training.

Other interests:  Pre hospital medicine, Role playing, Sci-fi / fantasy, Cooking, Dog.

First Challenge Second Challenge Third Challenge

Sometimes I ban myself from the forums until I've done my challenge to-do list for the day :P

I'm watching the Musketeers any minute now. And I love RPGs too. You sound like you could be a potential assassin one day. Some of us write in our character threads in a sort of RPG style. Maybe they'll link up one day!

Sounds like you have a good plan. Enjoy the browsing and see you around!

• Like 1

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

So this is really just a holding note to say that I'm concentrating on my first challenge so will be posting there about my progress rather than here each week.  I think after the completion of the challenge I'll provide a summary of how its gone here, reflections on improvements etc I could make and next steps post challenge to keep things going in the right direction.

Fitness:  Self defence, Yoga, Meditation.  As of July 16 dumbell weight training.

Other interests:  Pre hospital medicine, Role playing, Sci-fi / fantasy, Cooking, Dog.

First Challenge Second Challenge Third Challenge