Forums are back in action! ×

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, I'm here to start over :). I'm a 28 y/o lady with serious skills. I've played pong with my weight over the last few years, and this time, I'm ready to obliterate the table (but certainly not the game!). I game, enough that I'm well known in my family as the nerd, and I've been playing this weightless game for a few years.

I managed to gain a ton of weight over a six month period due to medication (about 70lbs), and after I was off of it it ended up sticking around. Pair that with never changing my habits (especially since high school let me believe I could eat what I want and not exercise) and here I stand today, staring confidently at the restart button. 

I've managed to try all kinds of things to peel the weight off, but nothing stuck. Exercise has always been the bane of my existence as well. I've never been able to motivate myself into the idea of it mainly because it was never fun. And after all of the diets and workout videos were thrown out I could only stare into the mirror wondering "wtf is wrong here?"

Turns out it isn't safe to go alone, and I was uncomfortable with pugging. Fortunately, one of my best friends was also on this journey. We met in game many years ago, both of us healing our asses off as we let the real thing grow apparently. We motivated each other as best we could over texts and in game, refusing to let the other give up or be down about the progress, but there were moments where I ended up stuck in a plateau, and nothing I did would get me out of the glitch (not even hearthing!).

About a month and a half ago, Manarelle managed to find the beginners body weight workout on NF. We both worked on it, and she stuck with it. I looked deeper into the site, thinking "The land of my people!". After reading more articles I decided to sign up for the emails to start. Once I saw info about the paleo diet I decided to look into that further as well, especially since I started losing motivation for the workouts (they're fun, but I'm still at a loss here). I didn't go full force 100% on paleo, but I DID go about 90% to start. It was pretty amazing. I stopped craving foods I normally felt lost without, I stopped feeling hungry at random times, and I felt physically cleaner if that makes sense. I fell in love with paleo (and even got others to love it and follow as well).

Long story short, paleo has knocked almost 20lbs off of me in that time, and having a few days where I eat anything but paleo didn't even injure my weightless (though I did laugh that I craved asparagus over a potato chip). So, the buddy and I decided to join the site officially and start the journey.

My goals are pretty simple: lose the weight, find exercise that I can have fun with, and make it stick! Paleo has opened my eyes to the fact that it will be easy to make life changes so long as I find what works for me. I love eating paleo, and it's just natural to me now to crave it over junk. Makes it even easier that my gamer hubby is jumping in with me at home (though being military, he is much more fit than I am right now, but so damn supportive. Couldn't have asked for a better healer/tank combo). I want to dance more, used to do a lot of it, and I want to run more, and I've got a random desire to be able to do a freestanding handstand? 

So here I stand, ready to join the Rebellion and kick some ass! And so, the first foot falls on the path towards epic-ness, let fly the d20!

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 4