Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from Washington!

Hello world!

I started working on cleaning up my diet and exercising late last year. I am proud to say I have been consuming more veggies and unprocessed foods and less starch (wheat, pasta, rice, bread, etc.) and dairy, as well as doing my best to stay away from soda and juices (and using tea sweetened with honey in it's place).

I hope to get back on track with my cardio 4+ times a week (I generally go about 45 minutes, or an episode of a TV show) and beginning body weight workout 3 times a week (I can barely do one circuit. I have to kinda grab onto something and sort of push myself up when I do lunges, can barely do 5 push ups on my knees, but oh how I am finding I love doing dumbbell rows, planks, and squats).

I'm looking for proper cool down stretches to do after each workout.

I hope to be able to level up to real push ups and lunges by the end of the year, if not upgrade to the advanced body weight workout (as well as just overall becoming stronger and decreasing my body fat percentage, if only just a little bit).

I can't wait to get to know you awesome people on this journey. =)

• Like 2

Sounds good! I too am doing the beginning workout and it is really great! Just take it as far as you can and then advance to another rep or circuit when you are able. I like to do a good stretchy yoga session afterwards, and I have noticed that my recovery time is better and I feel better when I do that. You can find one on http://www.doyogawithme.com/and see if you like it. I do the Yoga for Athletes class after my circuits.

Best of luck on your goals!! :] 

• Like 1

Level 0, Human Druid

[sTR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0 ]

"'Impossible' is not a scientific term." - Vanna Bonta