Forums are back in action! ×

More than you likely wanted to know

Hey rebels! I'm Hali, from Massachusetts USA. I'm 25, went to school for Captive Wildlife Care, currently working at/co-director of an animal shelter. Most of my life has been dedicated to animals, and I've had tons of different kinds. Eventually I want to go into wildlife rehabilitation, but as for a money-making career, I'm still figuring that out.

I like written roleplaying, specifically journal-based, and I'm a definite introvert even online so when it comes to games I prefer solo or one-on-one rather than MMOs. I love (most of) the Resident Evil games - yes, including 6 - Uncharted, L4D and other games similar to those. I also have an immense love for the board game Clue, and the movie. Where movies and music and everything else is concerned, I have a very wide variety of interests. I like to be active, going for walks, hiking, casual sports (without the team set-up and all that, again usually one-on-one), really I'll try anything, but I currently live in the middle of nowhere and my friends are an hour away and generally not very active, so since coming back home from college 3 years ago I've been doing a lot less of everything. And, to go with that of course, gaining some weight. Less than 10 pounds but it seems like a lot for me since I had been the same weight from middle school all the way through college. My goal now is to get down to 140 pounds, and today I'm at 162.

So, what am I doing to achieve this? I've tried different things before, the most major being a ProtiDiet knock-off, which... did work but got really old really fast. Chalky protein food substitutes and whatnot. A few days ago I decided to try something again, but I'm doing it different (and hopefully, right) this time. I'm teaching myself how to cook things other than basic quesadillas/tacos/things that come out of boxes. I'm cutting down sugars, dairy, pasta and bread and trying to explore more foods like beans and lentils and different ways to cook veggies and all that. I'm a seriously picky eater and really not a food person, but so far I'm doing okay finding things I'll eat. I'm going to start exercising a few times a week, too, mostly bodyweight. There is about zero chance I will go to an actual gym. My main concern with all of this is motivation, so I guess that's why I'm coming to you guys! As a being of what I recently discovered as multipotentiality, I tend to be all over the place and constantly losing interest in things and switching my attention to new things. I have a really hard time sticking with any one thing long-term. I hope being here with all of you will help, as well as trying to maintain a tumblr I started to record my progress and thoughts on this fitness journey.

TL;DR: Hey, I'm Hali, I like everything except food and I'm trying to change to a healthier lifestyle and lose some weight as a consequence. P.S. my favorite X-Men is Nightcrawler.

• Like 1

Level 0 Vampire

Battle Log :: MFP :: Tumblr

Welcome to the group!  I'm new here myself and a fellow Massachusetts rebel.

I'm also quite introverted and prefer 1-1 interactions with friends and sport activities (love a game of Tennis even though I suck at it, but don't ask me to kick around a soccer ball).  Despite that I found that I really enjoy group fitness, which I found in karate and CrossFit.  Hard to put my finger on it exactly, but you're still doing your own thing while getting some of the energy and support and motivation from the people around you.

Good luck on starting the journey!

Texelsaur ~ Level 2 Argonian Ranger

STR: 1 | CON: 3 | DEX: 1 | WIS: 4 | STA: 3 | CHA: 1

Current Challenge

---

Programming enthusiast | GitHub

Greetings from another New England nerd.  I too find that I tend to be all over the place when it comes to interests, but with some work, you can keep yourself going in the right direction. I definitely recommend signing up for the 6 week challenge, it's great for keeping you motivated and if your interests change, you can always pick something else in 6 weeks.  Best of luck to you!

• Like 1

Current Challenge - ßean limps into the Assassins Guild Daily Battle Log - ßean's Daily Grind No Soda Challenge: 365 Days | Current: 175 Days (Updated 07/19/15)

47.95%
47.95%