Forums are back in action! ×

Nowhere to hide

Back after a long hiatus of pure laziness, and I freely admit to my screw-up.  I exchanged some emails with Staci, and that lead to a big decision for me - an unavoidable one.

I decided to make it difficult for me to not work out.  At my Community College, they offer a 2 credit course in Weight Training.  We will learn to come up with our own lifting program to follow, and how to keep logs of our workouts.  Luckily, I'm not the only girl in the class - it's about 50% girls in there - so I don't have to feel nearly as intimidated as I've been in the past.  The teacher also offers one-on-one help should we need help with form or are not sure what we're doing.  It also offers accountability, as in if I don't show up to work out, I fail the class and it goes on my record.  The class meets twice a week, though I might add a third day on Saturday at my local gym to even out the week.  I'm looking to train more with free weights because I find cardio incredibly boring.

Combined with having gone gluten-free as of October 1st, the new year is set up for major changes.

I'm hoping these changes teach me to enjoy working out, and that I'll maintain these practices past the few months that I'll be taking this class.  Once I start working out, I'll maintain a log on here to track my progress.  I might put pictures up, I might not.  I'm not sure on that yet.  I really want to do this right this time.  Help me hold myself accountable?

Thank you Nerd Fitness.

• Like 2

“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.â€

~ Buddha

Fitocracy | My Blog | Shiny Dayglo Battle Log