Forums are back in action! ×

what makes you a nerd?

Guest Snake McClain

I grew up smart, reading books, playing video games, collecting baseball cards and being one of the smallest people in any sporting event. I was picked on until junior high where I found a like minded group of people who were into the same things I was.

What makes me still a nerd? Halo fan boy, still collect baseball cards, still read a ton, I get way too excited for comic book movies (like Captain America and the Avengers), I play almost every single fantasy sport on the internetz, I am a movie fiend and I love the 80's.

"Sweat more in peace, so you bleed less in war."

So my favorite coffee shop happens to be a comic book store as well. Does that add to me being a nerd?

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

2. love anime shows

7. read penny arcade, nerfnow, and xkcd on a daily basis

Which animes? And have you ever read Questionable Content? It's my favorite web comic ever.

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

I've been programming in some form since I was in elementary school. I actually had to repeat 8th grade math since I spent more time putting a pacman clone on my graphing calculator than I did doing my homework.

Throw in comics, star wars, video games, and marching band... Well, that's some grade A nerd right there.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Guest Snake McClain

So i've decided I must not be a real nerd because I don't know half of what some of you are talking about. I've always felt like a nerd with comics, scifi and horror. wrestling and sciency stuff i love but i'm confused about what a lot is and i feel not so nerdy.

So i've decided I must not be a real nerd because I don't know half of what some of you are talking about. I've always felt like a nerd with comics, scifi and horror. wrestling and sciency stuff i love but i'm confused about what a lot is and i feel not so nerdy.

You're not alone...all this lantern talk has me scratching my head!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Guest Snake McClain

You're not alone...all this lantern talk has me scratching my head!

As a whole the lantern stuff is about the most of what i understand here. start talking sgh-517 9er....????

Basically (in regards to lanters) Every color of the rainbow (roygbiv) has a color and a personality type to go with it and there is a ring for each. r= red rage. o=orange avarice y=yellow fear g =green will power as you probaly now b=blue hope i=indigo is...i can't remember v= violet love. it's cool. good story. they all fight. basically certain teams work together blah blah. it was cool.

I like battlestar galactica. am i the only one?

I had a nerdgasm today when I walked into Spencers and they had the Walking Dead companion guide...yup didnt have the cash for it..and my friend looked at me with this one eyebrow cocked part worried/confused/amused look on her face lol.

<-- Behold the Guardian of the Royal Throne, enter if you dare.....

"What lies behind us and what lies before us is nothing compared to what lies within us"~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I've had to fight like hell, and fighting like hell has made me what I am"~ John Arbuthnot Fisher

"Every man dies, not every man really lives"-~Braveheart

As a whole the lantern stuff is about the most of what i understand here. start talking sgh-517 9er....????

Basically (in regards to lanters) Every color of the rainbow (roygbiv) has a color and a personality type to go with it and there is a ring for each. r= red rage. o=orange avarice y=yellow fear g =green will power as you probaly now b=blue hope i=indigo is...i can't remember v= violet love. it's cool. good story. they all fight. basically certain teams work together blah blah. it was cool.

I like battlestar galactica. am i the only one?

Love BSG. I doubt we're alone.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Software engineer. I was a manager on Google+ before leaving. (Any time you see a +1 button somewhere on the web, that's my team's code.)

Wow. That's really freaking cool.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Probably my job is at the top of what "makes me a nerd" - I do customer support for a major game developer

Used to have a pretty awful WoW addiction <.< the job has significantly cut that out though with my hours.

I love Portal!

Anime (Japanese with subtitles only pleeeeeease)

I just spend too much time on the internet (looking at you, reddit).

I love instrumental/orchestral/choral music. band/choir geek <.<

[Pixie | Warrior] Carjack: Muscles don't get confused. They only get angry. | Catspaw: I'm always willing to help dig holes for your bodies. | Twitter | Instagram | chammy has a log | chammy competes at the end

Ive have obsesive/compulsive cleaning and self admin habits. Exagerated since joining the army several years ago. Many hours of misspent youth playing countless PC games. I also own a soldering iron. Many books, why reading is seen as nerdy is beyond me, i guess its attched to intelligence and thats not cool for school. I just said cool for school. I could go on...

1. I'm an engineer by both education and profession

2. I know about a half dozen different programming languages, though I don't really use them much these days.

3. I once won real-life cash via my performance in an online gaming tournament

4. I love old-school turn-based RPG's

5. My computers are generally built, rather than bought.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

My job as an IT consultant. The fact that I just paid $13 so that I could hop on the intertubes while 30,000 feet in the air. How I just made it through LAX security with a Sonic Screwdriver in my carry on. The stack of comic books that I have in a humidor at my parents house for safe keepings. How I saw this giant church in San Diego a few days ago and immediately thought of Minas Tirith. My root'ed android phone. My hand built computer, complete with custom dremmelled air vent and NewEgg sticker...

Umm.. and some other stuffs, that I'm horribly proud of.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...