Forums are back in action! ×

Tried my first clean+ press- fell in love AND on the floor!

I've been very hesitant on this move only because I never really knew how to explode weight, especially from the ground to my shoulders to then explode it over my head. I tried it, even if my shoulder press before was weak @ only 95 lbs. Nothing at all compared to my DL @ 310lbs. I also had no coaching except random internet videos. Well, I've been toying with my diet a little lately and working my shoulders a little differently and focusing on smooth form, flexibility/mobility, and stability with my core movements for my 6-week challenge. I've not lifted heavy at all in fact, just focusing on the stability. I attempted it today and managed to clean and press 110 lbs smoothly for a single rep after warming up and practicing multiple times prior. A huge increase in weight already from my original 95 lbs. Loved the feeling I got physically! I then attempted to press my ego and clean and press 115 lbs- managed to get the bar up to my shoulders no problem, pressing however I failed at and could barely get past my head height. I also placed a lot of effort trying to explode that weight up over my shoulders that I got HUGE blood rush in my head and nearly fainted. Had to hug the rack for a minute. Not complaining on that because to me that means I worked my ass off for that failure, lol. I'm going to do these a lot more now and work on some real power for my shoulders! Might be my next favorite move next to deadlifting and squats.  :)

A woot for attempting a move I was a bit scared of, succeeding at it, and wanting to do it more now!

• Like 1

Congratulations! It's pretty awesome to find a new move that just feels right and opens more opportunities, especially when it's one you were hesitant to try at first. I'm sure in a couple months, you'll look back at this "failure" and think what a great milestone it was. 

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current