Forums are back in action! ×

Hey Insanity, can't open that just yet but will do when I get two minutes in town, and proper Internet.

I did however have my first massage today, very different having someone with their hands all over me. I am not usually a touchy feely person. Come away feeling pretty good though. I have never heard muscles pop before and he done something to my back which has left me feeling taller. No lifting tonight though, don't trust my jelly legs!

LOL... I read that as message, and was all "Get with the times"

Been wanting to try a massage myself...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Madcow:

Warm Up:

Skipping, BW stuffs and 1x5squats@30kg

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

1x5@60kg

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@50kg

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

Not sure if I was tired or just because it has been a few days since I lifted. There were a few thumb print sized bits that were kinda of like wow that's different, pressure points from yesterday?

Ice-Cream:

BB Shrugs

3x8@30kg

Overhead tricep extensions:

3x8@5kg

Curls:

3x8@15kg

Swiss Ball Crunches:

3x10@5kg

Hyper Extensions:

3x8

Done and done. Nothing really special to report except the anti inflammatories not only fixed my crappy knee but the other knee is no longer tight as well! Awesome!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Sunday 06.09.2015

Madcow Week 4 ( All weights in kilograms because they make sense )

Warm Up:

Skipping, BW stuffs, stretching, 1x5@30kg squats.

Squats:

1x5@40

1x5@45

2x5@55

Very awesome and did pause squats on the last set. No knee sleeves.

OHP:

1x5@20

2x5@25

1x5@30

Oh yeah, happy dance, no problems at all with these today, strong as brah!

DL:

1x5@65

1x5@75

1x5@90

1x5@100

1x5@70

Over that 100kg hump, felt good even with alternative grip, callouses took a hammering from the 90's though. This was fuck yeah!

Ice Cream:

BOR:

5x5@30

Close Grip Bench:

3x8@35 triceps do not like this little beauty.

Curls:

3x8@15

Go Brah! Must be time to add weight to these.

Side Raises:

3x8@5 each arm simultaneously.

The traps went WTF, the triceps went NO and the brain went full Bro!

Swiss Ball Crunches:

3x10@5

Need to make these a wee bit harder. Over head 2.5 kg plate?

Feeling fine! Not sure if it was the massage or the anti-inflammatories, but squats were good, depth and back, DL, OMG! Ahhhmazing. Have another massage on Tuesday, let us see if I have squashed everything back to the way it was. Knee is good!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Have decided this very day that I am going to go full FemBro to get into condition for the Blues in Bridgetown.

http://bluesatbridgetown.com.au

I have 10 weeks. So as of tomorrow, lose ALL the fat, I wanna do the whole denim short/singlet combo and not look ridiculous, I also need to lose weight so after Christmas when I go in for a consultation for full body lift I am freaking fit and good to go! This extra skin and fat from all the babies needs to go and I can't do that looking like a beached heffalump.

I am scared........cardio and strict eating!

Tonight.......EAT ALL THE CHOCOLATE!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

I'm in full support of tonight's goals. Also, don't forget to continue doing some sort of strength training.

Progress photos are definitely necessary!

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

No, not a particular program per se, it is a way of training, mostly you break down your workouts into body areas. Legs, back/shoulders, arms/abs or the very many 100's of ways to mix and match workouts. It is usually working out 4 maybe 5 days a week, aannnddd cardio to help with fat reduction.

As Junior said though, not forgetting strength training as well.

I believe I have a week to figure out a program that may or may not work.

At the end of the day I just want to lose fat and build muscle, but the big thing is to have some Bro fun! :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Does Gym Bro refer to a particular programme? Sorry, probably a v stupid question...

watch this, enjoy, laugh, cringe.

http://youtu.be/OXO2azb3_PE

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

:D at the video, JuniOr!!!

Yeah, I like Dom, but you have to get that it's a joke. The first time my wife saw one of his videos she was like "is he serious? What a dumb ass!" She gets it now though.

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior

First day of getting Shredded........LOL! :)

The workout is called The Ultimate Female Training Guide: Specific, proven methods to get lean and sexy!

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

Anyway it is only for 10 weeks and of course I won't be using the "fat burning" supplements and following the nutrition as best I can.

After tonight's workout I feel kinda empty, and as if something is missing..........might take some getting used to.

So without further belly button contemplation here 'Tis:

Week 1 Monday Upperbody:

Bench Press

3x10@35kg

Bent Over Row

3x10@30kg

DB Shoulder Press

3x10@5kg

Lying Tricep Extension

3x10@5kg

Barbell Curls

3x10@15kg

And because I felt somewhat empty and for shits and giggles,

Front Squat

5x5@20kg

I was wondering though if you could run something like New Rules of Lifting for Women along side of Madcow, or would that be far too much? Although keeping things pretty light for NRoLfW. Dunno. I am going to have to actually try this longer for a workout and Madcow is not going anywhere.

Wait! What............?

Yep, my sarcastic/ironic Brit SOH tends to lead me to assume that most things are a joke! Embarrassingly, sometimes even when they're serious [emoji4]

Did you mean to say that not everything is a joke then?  :o

First day of getting Shredded........LOL! :)

Good luck! I'll be watching and trying to get motivated past the "Fitbit says I burned more calories than I consumed so that's enough for a cut" mentality! :)

• Like 2

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

Must be the sudden shift in seasons (Spring arrived today! Weeee!) but I've got the sudden urge to start getting super cut for summer as well. xD Great article too - Let's get buff Sev!

kNjlbzc2D4qBi.gif

Bahahahahahahah!

and that's what you get when you type "buff" into giphy

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Simply Shredded, Week 1 Tuesday Lower Body:

EMOM

Squat:

3x10@30kg

RDL:

3x10@30kg

Leg Extension:

1x10@20kg

2x12@30kg

Leg Curl:

3x10@20kg

Standing Calf Raises:

3x12@30kg

ABS:

Lying Leg Raises:

3x12

Swiss Ball Crunch:

3x10@10kg

Ok so I am going to admit EMOM is brutal! I thought the squats would be easy as that is my warm up weight but doing that many reps so close together OMG. I like it!

Had another massage today and felt kind of icky..........not sure I like the dude, but then again I don't like to be touched, so it might be that, but commenting on my smile and the fact I can get away with a shaved head kind of weirded me out. Anyway not going to go back and might look around for someone else.

Time to have a shower and finish some more of these bloody portfolio's for the boys.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?