Forums are back in action! ×

Yeah I noticed you saying that in your log. Is it to the front or sides? I can see how it could happen though. They are not the most comfortable pieces of equipment.

It's on my sides, I don't tend to have too much trouble with the buckle itself. Just the bottom edges of the leather really dig in and strip the skin as it shifts over my squishy self.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

So, the dentist had great news too :P

Seems I have had gum infections which have lead to gum disease which has lead to my jaw bone receding away from my teeth. I need x-Rays to determine the extent of damage and what the next step may be. Oh and you need two filings. :( So I had better not pick a fight with Rhonda Rousey, I would lose all my teeth!

Another visit to the Dr to see if platelets are in fact down or it was a matter of they got all shook up. So I got to thinking, if I have/had infections and now have gum disease, is this a probable cause for low platelets?

Wait! What............?

Dr said platelets have not gained or lost any so, just something to keep in mind. Blood pressure is still up, but we had the "chat" about weight loss and exercise. I said I walk in the mornings but probably not enough speed to keep the heart rate elevated, I asked him if he considered lifting weights as good exercise and he said, what kind of weights, I said you know the metal type, relatively steady but getting heavy. That's great he says but you may need to consider cardio, to get the heart muscle working, and it will help with fat loss, he also said if I really loved the weights maybe taking a couple of Dumbbells when I go for my morning walk! Funny bugger.:)

So for now all good?!?

Wait! What............?

01/10/2015

Madcow, week1 *Monday

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, 1x5@30kg squats

Squats:

1x5@35kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@60kg

1x5@70kg

Then trying the belt on for my very first belted squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@60kg

Felt pretty bloody good, felt it kept me a little more upright, no issues of digging in or anything so far, I am quite surprised how flexible it is, put on suede protector and doing another coat tomorrow. Kinda loving it!!!:)

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

3x10@30kg shrugs just for shits and gigs!

BOR:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

The. Because I need the practise and need to work on my belted set up:

Deadlifts:

1x5@70kg

1x5@80kg belted

1x5@80kg unbelted

1x1@100kg belted

Still had the issue of knees flailing out on the first belted set, but so much more aware and working on it, there just doesn't seem to be enough room for a belt, guts and knees on the way down. Workable though.

So pretty chuffed with today's outcome, even though I was up at 0445 this morning to drive son1 to the airport in Busselton. I will never eat another totally disgusting breakfast wrap from McDonalds again, I can't even describe the taste, but it wasn't normal, what is grey meat anyway? Washed it down with a large latte, so that's my crap quota for the next century!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Dr said platelets have not gained or lost any so, just something to keep in mind. Blood pressure is still up, but we had the "chat" about weight loss and exercise. I said I walk in the mornings but probably not enough speed to keep the heart rate elevated, I asked him if he considered lifting weights as good exercise and he said, what kind of weights, I said you know the metal type, relatively steady but getting heavy. That's great he says but you may need to consider cardio, to get the heart muscle working, and it will help with fat loss, he also said if I really loved the weights maybe taking a couple of Dumbbells when I go for my morning walk! Funny bugger.:)

So for now all good?!?

Cardio, to work your heart...he must not have tried to hit his 1RM.

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Dr said platelets have not gained or lost any so, just something to keep in mind. Blood pressure is still up, but we had the "chat" about weight loss and exercise. I said I walk in the mornings but probably not enough speed to keep the heart rate elevated, I asked him if he considered lifting weights as good exercise and he said, what kind of weights, I said you know the metal type, relatively steady but getting heavy. That's great he says but you may need to consider cardio, to get the heart muscle working, and it will help with fat loss, he also said if I really loved the weights maybe taking a couple of Dumbbells when I go for my morning walk! Funny bugger. :)

So for now all good?!?

Dr's and their obsession with cardio. I have only one response (apart from the studies showing that excessive cardio is actually damaging to your heart):

61332400.jpg

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior

Level 2| Str 4| Dex 1| Con 3| Sta 3| Wis 1| Cha 1|

Spoiler

Deadlift 2x BW

80%
80%

Squat 1x BW

74%
88%

Floor press 1x BW

86%
86%

Press .75x BW

79%
79%

"A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry"

Daily battle log

Current challenge

05/10/2015

Monday, Week 3, Simply Shredded, Upper Body:

Warm Up:

Skipping, Stretching and Stuffs

Bench:

3x11@35kg

BOR:

3x11@25kg

OHP:

3x11@20kg

Laying Tricep Extensions:

3x12@7.5kg

Barbell Curls:

3x11@15kg

Lateral Side Raises:

3x11@5kg both sides

1x5@20kg front squats

1x5@20kg squats

1x5@35kg squats

1x5@45kg squats

Son6 came out and did the same exercises with a little less weight, but he persisted and got it done! Was really nice having some company in the shed for the evening. He even managed to do the EMOM!

Wait! What............?

Week 3, Simply Shredded Lower Body and Abs on a Tuesday

Warm Up:

Skipping and stretching

Squats:

3x11@30kg

RDL:

3x11@30kg

Leg Extensions:

3x11@30kg

Leg Curls:

3x11@30kg

Standing Calf Raises:

3x11@30kg

ABS:

Lying Leg Raises:

3x11

Russian Twists:

3x12@10kg

V-Ups:

3x5 (new exercise and developed by the freaking devil!)

This was pretty easy tonight, Son6 was out with me again in the shed. He really wants to make this work so we will see how he goes.

Exciting things happened though, new mats for the shed and guess what, I FOUND CHALK! So I have a big block of chalk and new mats and everything is fine in the world again! :)

Wait! What............?

Off to the optometrist today. Hopefully this won't be as eventful as the Dr and Dentitist have been. New glasses are needed but will be choosing ones that are less likely to fall apart in the pool. Yep, I have to wear glasses at work soI can see if the kids are getting their stroke right. Need prescription sunglasses too. So glasses shopping!

Wait! What............?

Heh... you got a speedo.... :-D

If you've never had prescription sunglasses, don't get the wrap around kind that have lenses that wrap around too, it does funky things with your vision. Try and find some that keep the lens relatively flat, and uses the frame to fill in the wrap around part.''

Something like this... http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Bolle_Sport_Protective-lakatboa/r.html

Not this... http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Oakley-lakardld/lb.html

Keep the lens as flat as you can is the goal.

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Got me some new glasses and sunnies, they are a little bit girly 'cause they have some bling on the arms. Every pair I picked up and looked at I thought I looked like my mother..........yeah, nah, not gonna do that!

Just before I went in to my appointment Roly rings (he is on the way to Perth for his mates funeral), says he caught a tech screw in the rear tyre of the Ducati..........my Dad helped him get to Bunbury and replaced the tyre, one hi-speed Duke tyre cost more than two tyres for my Hi-Ace bus.........WTF! Bikes ain't cheap. 0.o

Wait! What............?