Forums are back in action! ×

We take art with one of our local artists, we are messing around with pastels, but have done charcoal, water colours and a little oil. All really cool, not one of us is in any way talented.......at all.....Nada!

After art we ( Son6 and Son7 ) went to the city just to do nothing much at all, a little bit of a de-stressing after yesterday. Anyway ran into my bestest friend and hung out with her, her Son and her ex. We went to the Brunswick show because today had no plan. It was AWESOME! We had churro's, burgers, slushy and resultant brain freeze, and brought show bags, and plastic guns and just had fun!

So just got home, no workout, but I am feeling heaps better, spent time with the lads and time with my bestie, life is good!

Sometimes that's just what's needed...

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

one good thing about living on this side of the globe:  we get to put off Monday for another 12 hours!  A procrastinators dream!

Yeah... but when it hits, it's like a ton a bricks with a side of concrete....

Can I go back to bed and start over?

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Insanity you are not wrong. 7 classes, the pool was cold, outdoor temp was like 20 degrees C and my knees are hating on me right now.

Since my knee did that weird thing a few months ago nothing has been right since, finished the NSAID's a couple of weeks ago and I thought things were doing ok, but today, after work OMG. Then again squatting in thigh high cold water for 40 minutes probably did them no favours.

I can't do my workout tonight and I am feeling like a total fucking wimp! But Owwwww!

Wait! What............?

So this is new! 3 mornings this week I have been out for a run/jog/walk! WTF, am I turning all *gasp* Ranger?

Well when I say Run/jog, it is more like a glorified walk or a Cliff Young shuffle! Now by no means am I as good as this dude, but his running style is legendary!

Today I did try something a little different HIIT by using songs and choruses. Walk the verse sprint the chorus easy enough right? This pretty much backfired in a spectacular way :) Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd and Them Crooked Vultures have some mighty chorus in their songs! DOH! :P

Looking forward to getting back to the shed next week though.

Have been really watching the pie hole stuffing too. Might be time for some before shots, I am not going to count the ones from the last Challenge because I look the same now! LOL, how is that for consistency! :)

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

Cliff Young shuffle!

THANK YOU! I saw a documentary on that guy and have occasionally wanted to look him up and could never remember his name...

The article I had been looking for, for a while now... I think you'd like it... http://www.badassoftheweek.com/index.cgi?id=459184720707

• Like 2

My first challenge

THANK YOU! I saw a documentary on that guy and have occasionally wanted to look him up and could never remember his name...

The article I had been looking for, for a while now... I think you'd like it... http://www.badassoftheweek.com/index.cgi?id=459184720707

That guy is the real deal.  There's no gym or training substitute for real life farming and growing up with being physical all day every day.

He didn't even know there was a prize, lol.

• Like 1

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

So, that is what a truck Jack knife looks like! Certainly don't want to do see that again.

LOL... never seen one before? I could only imagine what a jack knifed land train would look like...

• Like 1

My first challenge

So took Son6 and Dog for a walk/jog/sprint this morning, it is official, my sons all got their Dad's running ability. We were jogging and discussing sprints, when I said "GO" he took off like a shot! So yep I suck at running. Nice to know the lads have that.

We have also discussed following a meal plan, he is revving up his fitness goals and really wants to make this work! Which is really cool, I have a gym/cardio/eats buddy!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Monday Madcow Week 1 2/11/2015

Warm Up:

Skipping and other various dynamic silliness. Found that since my jogging, skipping has improved times have improved! Yah conditioning :)

Squats:

1x5@35kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@60kg

1x5@70kg

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

BOR:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

This felt really good. Squats felt strong, I was a little worried running today may have impacted on strength. But, not today Zurg! Really looking forward to getting back into it and smashing this program once and for all!!!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?