Forums are back in action! ×

Glad you are home safe, and that you had a good time with your little brother.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Pssh, 3.5h drive! try going from Albany. 5 hours each way! xD Even longer when your partner puts petrol in the diesel ute and you have to get a tow and get it flushed xD whoops.

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Madcow Week 2 Saturday 19.12.2015

Warm Up:

Skipping and stretching and BW Squats oh my! 30kg squats x 5

Squats:

1x5@35kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@60kg

1x3@75kg

1x8@55kg

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x3@45kg

1x8@35kg

BOR:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x3@40kg

1x8@30kg

Shits and Gigs:

Laying Leg Raises 2x12

V-Ups 2x12

Russian Twists 2x20@5kg

Plank 1x10s ( interrupted, see below )

Chase the goat approx 5 minutes of cross country cardio :)

Ok done and done, time for work. Kinda disappointed that we have such big classes and so little time.

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Very tired today. Freaking out about work. We have the big regional boss coming in tomorrow and boy do I have some questions for her! I have a lot of please explains on the dept, protocol they have gone back on.

Had a family dinner with all the lads which was really, really nice. They even got to open a present, Dad's Christmas before he goes back to work.

Time for bed, lifting tomorrow morning!!! Get my pump on before work LOL! :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Madcow Week 3 Monday 21.12.2015

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, BW squats x5, 30kg squats x5

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg (belted)

Bench:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

BOR:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

Ok so everything was going fine, then when I hit my 55kg set I noticed my hips were moving up a wee bit, before my legs resulting in a tiny good morning before I managed to catch it. Continued for the next set but just on the last 2 rep, fatigue?

So put my belt on for the final set and bingo all good, though I did LOL as I managed accidental pause squats as I cued for the rise......who would of thunk I could do 3 second pause in my heaviest set? Win!!

Everything elsewas pretty standard.

Time for work, where did I put my togs?

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Went for my walk this morning and half way through the first section Son6 comes running up, he decided to join me, after he put his head under the pillow and told me "no". Funny beggar though, when he saw the size of the hill he needed to get, he reckoned he would rather sprint home.........hmmm, think about that son. He walked the hill.

Got home and Roly gave me my Christmas present, some lifting gloves. This was really sweet, because normally he gives me gifts for the kitchen! LOL. Might give them a go tomorrow, deadlift day!

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

Great news today Son1 can now officially be part of my Ambulance crew! All his paperwork done, induction done, uniform ordered, but has second hand one that is a little short but will do, can now join in with the Friday and Monday crews and begin his training to gain his levels!!!!! So awesome! Gonna be working with me boy!!!!!!!

On another note, it is late and I probably won't get to lift tomorrow morning, shit going down as it's the last day of work tomorrow, have done all the certificates and paperwork I can but still need to see boss man and cross check everything. THEN, off to Manjimup for last minute shopping. Wednesday...........mighty huge hump day!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Great news today Son1 can now officially be part of my Ambulance crew! All his paperwork done, induction done, uniform ordered, but has second hand one that is a little short but will do, can now join in with the Friday and Monday crews and begin his training to gain his levels!!!!! So awesome! Gonna be working with me boy!!!!!!!

On another note, it is late and I probably won't get to lift tomorrow morning, shit going down as it's the last day of work tomorrow, have done all the certificates and paperwork I can but still need to see boss man and cross check everything. THEN, off to Manjimup for last minute shopping. Wednesday...........mighty huge hump day!!!!!!!

Ambulance Squad Level Up!  He's gonna love it.

• Like 1

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Yay on getting Christmas sorted. My pay came in this morning, so I have to sort my last few bits today, around work. [emoji53]

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Madcow Week 3, Wednesday on a Thursday, 24.12.2015

Warm Up:

Changed up the skipping tonight, after watching Southpaw, did the Boxers skip which made me yip, my legs were burning. Stretching and dislocations BW squats and 30kg squats.

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

2x5@55kg

OHP:

1x5@20kg

2x5@25kg (2nd set done with gloves on)

1x5@30kg (gloves)

DL:

1x5@65kg (gloves)

1x5@75kg

1x5@90kg

1x5@100kg

Cool Down:

Stretching

1x3@30s planks 30s rest

So this is the first work out where I had downed half a large can of Red Bull post workout. Pretty sure it had a positive effect since I was fatiguing about lunch time.

Christmas Eve workout and I'm stoked how the gloves went for OHP, did one set with them on for DL and struggled to keep the bar. So chalk it is. I think for the OHP, I had more support for the wrists which made it so much more comfortable.

Even managed to finish stuffing stockings before Son7 figured out what was going on! Time to eat, shower and unwind before the big day tomorrow.

Merry Christmas everyone!

:) :) :)

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Madcow Week 3 Friday on a Sunday 27.12.2015

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, 1x10@BW, 1x5@30kg squats

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x3@75kg

1x8@55kg

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x3@50kg

1x8@35kg

BOR:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x3@45kg

1x8@30kg

Shits and Gig:

Kroc Rows:

3x10@10kg

Barbell Curls:

3x10@10kg

High Pulls:

3x10@5kg

All of this felt pretty solid, even felt better about form on all squats today! My 50kg bench felt awesome and was highly thrilled with 45kg rows! Just because it was Sunday and I had nowhere to be added in the Kroc rows, curls and pulls to add some bro to it all! :)

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Yay way to go on the workout.

• Like 1

They need to be burned at the stake.