Forums are back in action! ×

Hahahaha, the gym was soooooo busy tonight, I was not expecting that. However the local footy lads were in there doing their "curl bro" stuff, hogging up the mirrors, the dumbells and the leg press machine :)

Anyway out of 15 people in there I was the only chick. The only chick in the squat rack. Yes we had a curl bro in the squat rack but when asked, are you using that? He disappeared.

So I could squat unabated. I could OHP unabated. However I did need to shift mats around to Deadlift because they had a bench on the deadlift platform.

Anyway tonight I added the bar to my weights, only because I know it is 20kg and they did not have enough plates to do the lifts at the weight I needed, if you get what I mean.

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Cable machine stuff. LoL, how dare you impose mere woman!

Squats:

1x10@bar

1x5@40kg

1x5@65kg

5x5@67.5kg

Maybe it was the whole gym experience but fucking pushed these out no worries.maybe it was the fear of losing my shit in front of so many people, then again they would not have noticed, they were all looking in the mirrors!

OHP:

1x5@bar

5x5@30kg

Deadlift:

1x5@50kg

1x5@80kg

1x5@100kg

Take that pretty boys! Although I must admit I let the bar get away from me on the first 100kg, and made a loud noise hitting the ground, which kinda made me a little self conscious. After that one guy was watching me from behind the cable machine, I caug him out the corner of my eye when I reset after my lifts.

Ice-Cream:

Bent Over Rows:

5x5@30kg

Close Grip Bench:

3x8@35kg

I actually paused on the first 5 of each set. This made it a little harder.

Curls:

3x8@20kg

Cable Crunches:

3x10@10kg.

This was actually done on the Swiss ball because you know, curl bros in the cable fly machine doing curls! With Dumbells! By this stage I needed to get home so did what I had to.

Anyway had a great workout, had great music and smashed it out!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Hahahaha, the gym was soooooo busy tonight, I was not expecting that. However the local footy lads were in there doing their "curl bro" stuff, hogging up the mirrors, the dumbells and the leg press machine :)

Anyway out of 15 people in there I was the only chick. The only chick in the squat rack. Yes we had a curl bro in the squat rack but when asked, are you using that? He disappeared.

So I could squat unabated. I could OHP unabated. However I did need to shift mats around to Deadlift because they had a bench on the deadlift platform.

Anyway tonight I added the bar to my weights, only because I know it is 20kg and they did not have enough plates to do the lifts at the weight I needed, if you get what I mean.

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Cable machine stuff. LoL, how dare you impose mere woman!

Squats:

1x10@bar

1x5@40kg

1x5@65kg

5x5@67.5kg

Maybe it was the whole gym experience but fucking pushed these out no worries.maybe it was the fear of losing my shit in front of so many people, then again they would not have noticed, they were all looking in the mirrors!

OHP:

1x5@bar

5x5@30kg

Deadlift:

1x5@50kg

1x5@80kg

1x5@100kg

Take that pretty boys! Although I must admit I let the bar get away from me on the first 100kg, and made a loud noise hitting the ground, which kinda made me a little self conscious. After that one guy was watching me from behind the cable machine, I caug him out the corner of my eye when I reset after my lifts.

Ice-Cream:

Bent Over Rows:

5x5@30kg

Close Grip Bench:

3x8@35kg

I actually paused on the first 5 of each set. This made it a little harder.

Curls:

3x8@20kg

Cable Crunches:

3x10@10kg.

This was actually done on the Swiss ball because you know, curl bros in the cable fly machine doing curls! With Dumbells! By this stage I needed to get home so did what I had to.

Anyway had a great workout, had great music and smashed it out!

YAY!... and yeah, there's something about dropping weights in the gym that makes you push a little harder. :-)

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Feeling really tired today, so even though the weights are moving up, there was no sparkle just the grind.

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Cable machine exercises, stretches etc

Squat:

1x10@bar

1x5@20kg ( front squat )

1x5@50kg

5x5@70kg

Actually had son stand with me tonight in case I lost it, but hey, hey did these suckers. I feel like I have lost a little depth at this weight, so might just stick around this o for a little to see if I can improve that.

Bench:

1x5@40kg

Not what I should have done but that's ok, the way I feel tonight I would have struggled at 45kg.

Bent Over Row:

5x5@45kg

Thought I would lose my shit here but amazingly done!

Ice-Cream

Bar Bell Shrugs:

3x8@30kg

Just for shits and giggles, I added 8 calf raises after each set.

Tricep Extensions:

3x8@20kg

Felt these suckers tonight.

Curls:

3x8@20kg

So much easier at the gym the other night with the ezi-curl bar.

Hyper Extensions

3x10 hands behind head.

These were hard.

Cable Crunches:

3x10@20kg

Thank the gods these are getting easier, time toup the weight.

Really tired, so tired I found a left over Lamb Shank, from last night, warmed it up in the microwave and ate it Viking style while I typed this up. So classy! :)

Wait! What............?

Had a distressing conversation with my other half this morning.

We are looking at changing health funds, anyway this one he was showing me had weight loss procedures including tummy tucks. He said well there you go. I said that was wonderful but I would need to lose 30kg to be able to successfully have it be of any advantage and personally I would prefer a full body lift if I was gonna go there I was gonna go all the way.

Anyhoo, he says when I dropped 20kg this time last year I looked good, I said why thank you, but I don't want really to drop too much because I want to lift heavy and I'm afraid if I deficiet like I did last year I might lose some of my gains I've made since eating again ( :) )

To my surprise he said why did I want to lift heavy, it's not like I'm going to win any gold medals or compete or anything. I tried to explain to him that my lifting to me was the feeling of reaching new weights and bettering myself and knowing that when I look at 70kg on the rack I can squat that fucker. He really didn't get it.

If I drop 30 kg it would bring me down to less than 75kg and at 175 cm tall that is skinny to me. I like 85kg so If I drop around 20-25kg that would be nice, but I am not obsessed with this weight thing. Although I am 102.6kg this morning it isn't like being this weight last year. Where it was all jiggly fat, I am stronger and a hell of a lot less jiggly.

Fuck it I don't know. :(

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

What he said wasn't very supportive.  You explained it, and he didn't listen, and you let it mess up your head.

I'm totally behind you.  In the last 4wks, I'm sure I haven't lost an ounce but with regular exercise, I've gained a lot of strength and don't "feel" fat.  Everything's looser.  It's how you feel and your self-talk that matters.  

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Cable machine and various stretches

Squats:

1x10@BW

1x10@20kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@60kg

6x5@70kg

OHP:

5x5@30kg

DL:

1x5@35kg

1x5@80kg

Ice-Cream:

Bent Over Rows:

5x5@30kg

Close Grip Bench

3x8@30kg

Curls:

3x8@20kg

Crunches:

3x10@20kg

Wasn't feeling it really tonight. After my first couple of sets in squats I got what I can only describe as a period ache around my kidneys which put the dampener on everything. Anyway going to have a shower, scrap together something for the lads to eat and go to bed.

Wait! What............?

SEVENNNN!!! I found you! Still killin' it, I see!

Some people just don't understand the mental buzz of bettering yourself day after day, especially if you aren't aiming to fit into the stereotype of a skinny chick, and instead actually pack on muscle *gasp!* You keep doing what you're doing, and he'll either come around, or you'll OHP his ass into submission!

(actually, I'd like to see that.)

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

We are looking at changing health funds, anyway this one he was showing me had weight loss procedures including tummy tucks. He said well there you go. I said that was wonderful but I would need to lose 30kg to be able to successfully have it be of any advantage and personally I would prefer a full body lift if I was gonna go there I was gonna go all the way.

Anyhoo, he says when I dropped 20kg this time last year I looked good, I said why thank you, but I don't want really to drop too much because I want to lift heavy and I'm afraid if I deficiet like I did last year I might lose some of my gains I've made since eating again ( :) )

To my surprise he said why did I want to lift heavy, it's not like I'm going to win any gold medals or compete or anything. I tried to explain to him that my lifting to me was the feeling of reaching new weights and bettering myself and knowing that when I look at 70kg on the rack I can squat that fucker. He really didn't get it.

If I drop 30 kg it would bring me down to less than 75kg and at 175 cm tall that is skinny to me. I like 85kg so If I drop around 20-25kg that would be nice, but I am not obsessed with this weight thing. Although I am 102.6kg this morning it isn't like being this weight last year. Where it was all jiggly fat, I am stronger and a hell of a lot less jiggly.

Regarding the lifting, my fiance didn't get it until she stepped into the gym with me. Now she has fun adding weight each week. That might be what it takes, but if he never does it, then he may never get it.

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I wish Insanity. I have invited him in to join us several times, but he just says "not for me" and goes to drink beer.

Now he has broken his leg, I thought it might have been the "break" he needed to get into lifting a little, suggesting to get a program ready for when the Dr gives him the all clear. Still no. I am even having a hard time getting him to think about hydro therapy, he is just resistant to exercise. Skinny fat is how best to describe him.

Anyway I love it and will Keep Calm and Lift

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

I wish Insanity. I have invited him in to join us several times, but he just says "not for me" and goes to drink beer.

Now he has broken his leg, I thought it might have been the "break" he needed to get into lifting a little, suggesting to get a program ready for when the Dr gives him the all clear. Still no. I am even having a hard time getting him to think about hydro therapy, he is just resistant to exercise. Skinny fat is how best to describe him.

Anyway I love it and will Keep Calm and Lift

Skinny fat is me... and until I found this website, I always felt I was "healthy" and didn't need to exercise. Hell, even my mom gives me a hard time when I tell her how much I've gained, despite the years she's been telling me I need to eat more...

Lifting for yourself is really all you can do... so keep on keeping on... he'll probably come around.

• Like 1

My first challenge

At the gym tonight with the Venturers.

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Cable machine and BW exercises.

Squats:

1x10@bar

1x10@10kg

1x6@40kg

5x5@70kg

Felt a lot better doing these, weren't as surprisingly heavy as the first time. Felt like I kept good form, but unless I take some video, not sure about depth.

Bench:

5x5@45kg

Fuck yeah!

Row:

5x5@45kg.

WOOT!

Ice-Cream:

Barbell Shrugs:

3x8@30kg

Calf Raises:

3x8@30kg

Tricep Extensions:

3x8@25kg

Curls:

3x8@20kg

Hyper Extensions:

3x10

Cable Crunches:

3x10@20kg

Rushed the last two exercises because I was running out of time.

Then at training we did CPR on the move, my shoulders and legs are killing me. :)

Wait! What............?

This hit close to home for me. When I started working on weight loss, my own partner said "you don't have to do this if you don't want to" then it evolved into "that's great that you like lifting, but there's no reason for anyone to lift over 100 pounds" to "why do you try to get so competitive with everything you do that's a hobby? It's just a hobby."

Well, I was the only one who could lift his dying mother up to change her bedsheets a couple weeks back, and I get called to help with heavy lifting on everything. But who needs to have the power to lift big, right? The other day when he asked if I was trying to become a bodybuilder because my arms are starting to look like superhero arms, I almost smacked him. But I get it, he is slowly realizing my drive is making me do something great and he's also a little self-conscious of his own body now...the dynamic has shifted. I noticed he had taken my vintage typewriter out to the shed and was using it to do squats and arm movements. I think a lot of people just don't "get" it. When I initially lost 90 lbs, I went down to 166, and I looked kind of deflated. I filled it back in up to 172, and now my body has minimal cellulite and a lot of definition. It feels better to be sturdier for my frame. 

I think my point is, I get that feeling, but keep going. This is for YOU and your body, not someone else's body. 

• Like 2

danica

Level 3 Warrior Assassin 

See my instagram for photos of my training and also my Sphynx cats.

I log my daily programming at my battle log.

Challenges: Current - Warrior 2 - Warrior 1

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Various BW exercises and stretches.

Squats:

1x10@BW

1x10@20kg

1x5@50kg

5x5@70kg

Felt really good with form tonight, must be time to add some weight. Also seriously thinking about adding some front squats.

OHP:

5x5@30kg

The last set were admittedly push/press, so going to stay here a while.

DL:

1x5@80kg

Felt pretty good, however I would like to try a belt. Maybe for Mothers Day I could get a belt and some wraps. ( may have to hint at the Lads for this ) :)

Ice-Cream:

Bent Over Rows:

5x5@30kg

Cardio for these, fast and furious!

Close Grip Bench:

3x8@37.5kg

Struggled on the last 3 on the last set. Fatigue setting in.

Curls:

3x8@22.5kg

Bloody hell these are so much easier on an ezi-curl bar.

Cable Crunches:

3x10@20kg

Tried 25kg but just could budge it. So on 20 we stay for a wee while, although I should Probably add another set, just for shits and giggles!

Tired now, time fo a shake, shower and put some washing on.

I have an interview with our community paramedic tomorrow. I need to do this for my own peace of mind but not sure if it is going to open a can of worms I might. Not be able to close again..........

• Like 1

Wait! What............?