Forums are back in action! ×

So I told Son3 and Son4 that I would try soccer this season. I have always sat on the sidelines to watch them and support them. My fear is if I mess up my knee I will have to have time off lifting. Should I just go for it? Let the Fates decide?

With so much going on I'm not sure if I have again over extended myself.

Wait! What............?

So I told Son3 and Son4 that I would try soccer this season. I have always sat on the sidelines to watch them and support them. My fear is if I mess up my knee I will have to have time off lifting. Should I just go for it? Let the Fates decide?

With so much going on I'm not sure if I have again over extended myself.

How old are the kids and what do you mean "try" soccer? If you mean play on a team, then I'd talk to other players and discuss your existing knee issue.  I coached park district soccer for 6 years while my kids were into that.  Not that I know anything about soccer, but I had a beating heart and that's all that was needed.

I'm not much of a leave things to chance type.  Better be happy with the downside if you do.

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

The women's team for Blackwood United. I would not be the oldest one playing and they have an opening for goalie. My son reckons the way the women kick in this league ( last league on the ladder ) I could out run the ball anyway! ;)

The Lads are 19 and 17 respectively, they have been playing since they were 7. I was hoping to get the youngest two into it as well, just to get them moving this year.

A family that soccer's together stays together! :)

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Madcow Week 8 Monday 25.01.2016

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, 1x10 dislocations, 2x10 BW Squats, 1x10 good morning with broom, BW RDL with toes raised on 2.5kg plates, (working dem hammies)

Squats:

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

1x3@75kg

1x5@85kg (belted and fucking creamed it)

Bench:

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

1x5@55kg (missed the last two reps, on the third rep had a little trouble pushing it up from my chest, even using my shoulders to brace, my arms are weak!)

1x10@30kg (punishment for missing reps :)  )

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@50kg (the last two reps were not pretty and I can really feel my upper traps and back now)

Shits abd Gigs:

RDL: 3x5@50kg

I was so fried after this I could only manage one set of 14 girl curls @ 15kg. So called it. I wore the knee sleeves for the whole workout, hopefully tomorrow morning I won't be limping until silly knees warm up!

I also thingk Red Hot Chili Peppers is the greatest band for workout motivation! Just saying :)

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

85kg squats? You are fecking awesome.

Good idea on the soccer as well.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

So today it was confirmed, I AM AN IDIOT!

Tried to pay some of Son5's tuition today online and messed up the first two digits of the bank account number! DOH!!!

As soon as I hit confirm I knew it was wrong, so phoned the bank, hopefully it will be cancelled and the money returned as the transaction did not go through. I have to wait 24 hours. Roly is hopping mad. I am pissed off with myself and it had been a crap day to start with. I feel like having a shower and just going to bed.

Just, you know........shit!

Wait! What............?

Don't you hate it when such things happen. Go lift some iron and feel better.

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Madcow Week 8 Wednesday on a Tursday 27.01.2016

Warm Up:

The Usual Suspects

Squats:

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

2x5@65kg(grindy as fuck)

OHP:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg (last 2 reps were push/press)

Deadlifts:

1x5@70kg

1x5@85kg

1x5@100kg (3 double overhand, 2 mixed grip, beltless)

4x1@115kg (could not do these as a set of 5 so broke it down to singles, yes I am weak and yes I talked myself out of the final rep and yes I just feel like I suck today)

I was not in the right headspace today, even with a can of V and poached eggs pre work out.

Wait! What............?

Great job on the finger.

Madcow Week 8 Friday on a Saturday 30.01.2016

Warm Up:

Skipping, dynamic stretching, butterfly loops (swimmers thing), windmills, one legged unweighted good mornings, 2x10BW squats ATG.

Squats:

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

1x3@85kg (beltless)

1x8@65kg

Bench:

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

1x3@55kg (little help on last rep)

1x8@40kg

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x3@50kg

1x8@40kg

No accessories. No great thrill in this workout, but yah me for actually dragging my raggedy arse out to the shed!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Measurement UpDate:

Height:175cm

Weight:107.8kg (up 1kg from the 03.01.2016)

Neck:38.5cm

Chest:121cm

Waist:105cm

Hip:117cm

Right leg thigh:63.5cm

Left leg thigh:65cm

Right Leg calf:40cm

Left leg calf:40cm

Left arm bicep:38.5cm

Right arm bicep:40cm

Right arm wrist:18cm

Left arm wrist:17.5cm

Body Fat 34%

36.7kg fat

71.3kg lean muscle, bone, water etc.

A couple of cm's in growth around the place and an extra kilo in weight. So not extremely happy but at least it hasn't been out of control. I know that my back is getting bigger because my cup size has not changed, so win?

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

I'm not sure what your goals are.  Gain muscle size?  Lose fat?  Gain strength (I look at gaining strength slightly different than size)?  I could go back to the beginning post but your goals may have changed since then.

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.