Forums are back in action! ×

Son5 all safe, it is no downgraded to contained and controlled.

Madcow Week 10 09.02.2016 Monday on a Tuesday

Warm Up:

Just stuff.

Squats:

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

1x5@85kg (unbelted and feeling really strong)

Bench:

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

1x5@55kg (failed the last 2 reps)

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@50kg (strong controlled and happy)

While doing the BOR I messed around a little with set up, hoping to improve my DL, the plates are too small, if I were to try my back would round so I guess I am slightly squatting the weight a little longer, which sucks.

I rang Son2's GF's Mum tonight. She said she wants to workout. I let her know that I don't cardio and my workouts are weight based, but she was really cool with that. In Germany she was a physiotherapist and sports massuse so win! She said she stretches and would like to yoga again so win! She can help me stretch because I suck! I think I am just excited about having a gym buddy!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Hopefully Son2 won't have a bad breakup and you have his mom as a w/o buddy.  That would be strange.  I'd like to have a w/o buddy but it would be shy of impossible to find someone that wants to do my exercises which are tailored for my ww kayaking needs.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

We had one of the local police come into Ambulance Training last night, just keeping relations open between the two services, it was refreshing how honest he was. As in " If they are hurting themselves and armed don't put your self in danger, just don't go through the door"

Still got a big day ahead of me, work Dr appointment, Bunbury to pick up Son1 back again, home after midnight. Just when am I gonna work out? Might be a Saturday, Sunday thing this week.

Wait! What............?

You intimidate me (lol).  

Sounds like you are having a bit of a down streak.  Sorry to hear that.  Being down starts cascading and bringing down motivation in all things.  Hope things turn around soon.  I know it's easier said than done, but try to get at least a light w/o in.  We all know in our mind it helps, but it's always easier said than done.

And remember, "I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together"  (from the famous philosopher Red green, if you've ever seen his show).

• Like 2

Current Challenge 

You don't suffer bullshit or idiots lightly. As an Ambo you have faced death and the mindless stupidity of humanity. As an NF Warrior you stare down the great opponents of iron and your own negativity. Yeah I think you could be intimidating.

I also know you are compassionate, generous and caring, you have a good sense of humour. Hang on those traits can also make you intimidating.

You're stuffed girl [emoji14]

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I am really shitty at myself. One stupid Dr visit and it all goes to shit.

My medication for Blood Pressure is not working good enough, so Doogie Howser puts me on two pills instead of the usual one. The only side effect he says is I will get puffy feet, the only skinny part of me besides my ears. When I got the prescription filled the Pharnacist asks if I am aware of the side effects, I said what besides puffy feet. He then informs me that because this cocktail lowers the blood pressure to a considerable lower % I might suffer dizzy spells if I stand up too fast, get too hot, or exert myself too much. Fuck me! So this has made me doubt my ability to workout. Fuck. Just fuck!

My Dr also informs me that yes I am fat and I need to lose weight, cardio is the best way to do it, and have I considered the FAST Diet aka 5/2 Diet, eat at a deficit (his calculation with my height weight ratio was 1750 cals per day) for 5 days a week and for the other two I should eat only 500-600 calories. I am not onto it enough, to ask him about my scale weight vs my lean body mass% and BF% he just saw 106.8 kilo and I am fat and need to cardio and fucking starve myself thin. Eating Disoder much! He seems to think 5 kilo loss in 4 weeks is quite alright and doable, apparently.

So I have not worked out since Tuesday, I have doubted everything and just feel like shit.

The only good thing to come out of this is I have signed up for emeals, figured out I have to stop cooking for 9 people (most days I only have 3-5 people eating at home) because we still have no leftovers and I dragged out my small plate.

I know it sounds rather childish, but I am not going to do the stupid eating disorder diet because I want to lift heavy things, I have to reconcile with myself that my progress will probably stall with less calories due to portion control. I just wanted to see how far I could actually go. I had my eye on 115kg squat, 70kg bench and 140kg deadlift by the end of the year and I thought I was making pretty good progress.

Fucked if I know anymore.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Sometimes the mind defies logic.  Something bugs us and all the mind wants to do is shut down and needs to reboot cause its stuck in some endless loop.

Wish I could offer some profound and sage wisdom that would automatically hit the reboot button for you.  But it's an affliction that we all get hit with.  I'm not a shrink, but from what I saw, you had tons of job stress, then you got the comment of about being "intimidating".  That seemed to bother you judging by the fact that you posted it.  Maybe that was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back?  Probably some other sh@t going on as well.

That spirals into getting behind on other things, skipping workouts, getting more depressed cause your behind and know you won't be able to lift as hard as you did when you stopped, etc.

So best I can offer while the mind heals is to try to take control of 1 thing and focus on that.  It helps bring back the feeling of being in control, even if its just in one small area and not our best effort.

Well I've probably blathered on for too long now.  

• Like 3

Current Challenge 

Sorry dude, sitting in my corner feeling sorry for myself. Not something I am proud of.

Can I come to your corner to hang out with you?

I'm going to be making funny faces and saying bad jokes until you laugh, then I'll sneakily try to pull you out of your corner and into your home gym.

That's my "trying to convince you" look...

Ice-Age-2-The-Meltdown-ice-age-7982828-7

• Like 1

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

Bloody Quack.

Leanne you can beat the iron, the rest of the world can go fuck itself. Get out and face the iron and lift it from the ground. The Iron does not lie.

Chase those personal bests you have stated go get them.

• Like 2

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Thank you guys, your thoughts are most appreciated.

So today was Fuck It Day! Enough of the wallowing shit. Time to get things done. First of all was a breakfast of scrambled eggs with spinach, garlic, bacon, and a wee bit of cheese and a frothy coffee to wash it down. Kitchen lean up, fridge, microwave and all benches and dishwasher! With the satisfaction of cleaning the messiest room up it was onto the shed!

Madcow Week 10 Hybrid 14.02.2016 (AM workout)

Warm Up

Skipping, stretching (I am assuming these to be dynamic) 2x10BW squats ATG, 2x12BW lunges, dislocations with the room and other general silliness.

Squats:

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

1x3@90kg (belted, these felt ridiculously easy, Son6 my spotter asked if I had the right weight because he said they looked awesome!)

1x8@65kg

OHP:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg (fail, only managed 3repsof strict press and really was keen not to push press this again........)

Deadlift:

1x5@75kg

1x5@90kg

1x5@105kg

5x1@120kg (failed the last rep, just couldn't get it passed my knees. But fucking stoked 120kg PR)

Also had a surprise visit from my Big Brother.

The olderLads are taking their GF'sout for Valentines Day, that's really cool.

• Like 4

Wait! What............?

Woohoo 120kg new personal best, and easy 90kg squat. See you are even starting to intimidate the iron.

• Like 3

hugs for new meds, I've been there a lot. 

And hooray for the PR! You are awesome. 

• Like 1

Cephalopod Dreams

Halfling Monk

Challenges: Level 4 | Academy: Level 10

Str 4 | Dex 4 | Sta 4 | Con 7 | Wis 5 | Cha 2

My Character

I'm aiming for my black belt in Shotokan Karate, training to defeat the monster that is chronic pain.

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Looks like you're going through some stress, but you keep heading out to the shed and lifting and getting better anyway!

Who in their right mind would suggest 500 cal a day?  You're pretty smart about exercising and nutrition, so you don't need to do anything drastic!

• Like 2

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Thanks to another wonderful NF'er putting out a link to a wonderful little site, if I want to be a powerlifter, with my height, weight and BF% I should be about 82kg, shit yeah I can do that. To lose weight I should be eating about 2750 cal, yep can do that too.

Going through the calculations this made me feel a whole lot better. It also had a 1 RM calculator so confident about my numbers for the Warrior Challenge!

https://symmetricstrength.com

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

Awesome. According to MFP I should be eating about the same amount of calories. My problem is I am struggling to eat more than 2000. Unless I start stuffing in empty carbs (not bloody likely), I am full and rarely feel hungry so I don't know.

I hope you do well in the Warrior Challenge.

• Like 1

Madcow Week 11 Monday on a Tuesday 16.02.2016

Warm Up:

Bloody hot weather and skipping and stretching and BW squats and Lunges and and and!

Squat:

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@70kg

1x5@80kg

1x5@90kg (belted, Son4 was my spotter and said my back was good, but a little messy at the bottom on the last rep)

Bench:

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg (failed the last 2 reps AGAIN! Not happy Jan!)

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@50kg

All in all solid workout and like the feeling of killing the 90kg squats. I really need to get some form vids up. This has made me keen to test myself in the NF comps.

Felt a little dizzy on a couple of the bench sets but had me spotter so all good.

Just need to finish work and get serious about this lifting!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Last day of work tomorrow!

Woofuckinghoooooo! :)

Time with the kids and staying home! Gonna be awesome, especially since my next program may extend into 2 hours worth of lifting stuff up and putting it down.

I think I might be Tuesday/Wednesday, Saturday/Sunday. Not sure yet, will have to be adaptable for the camping etc.

Last day of work for the week or last day for good????????????

So whats your next program?

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

Last day of work for the week or last day for good????????????

So whats your next program?

Last day of work until the next season starts. This year though I won't be starting in September, I will leave it until October when the last term of school starts.

Next program, "The Cube", Heavy, Explosive and Reps on the Big Three in a cycle and a day of Accessory/Bodybuilding. Gonna be brutal 4 days of lifting. If the body can't keep up will have to take another look, but so keen to give it a go. You can really improve your lifts, apparently. :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Work is done! Absolutely STOKED!

Madcow Week 11 Wednesday on a Thursday 18.02.2016

Warm Up:

Tried some different stuff tonight. Scott Herman style warm up. Seemed alright, but still did me skipping.

Squats:

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

2x5@70kg (no problems here. Probably dropped a little fast in the last set)

OHP:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg (3 pretty good ones, the last 2 were push press for fucks sake!)

1x5@40kg (couldn't even get it higher than my ears, so a fail here)

Deadlifts:

1x5@75kg

1x5@90kg

1x5@105kg

1x2@120kg

1x3@120kg (the last two were pretty bloody ugly, not hitchey but felt like my back was rounding something terrible but I wasn't pushing against my belt, if you know what I mean). Have taken a bit of skin off my left knee and given myself a lovely bruise! :)

Have been pondering a lot on my NF comp weights and figured I am going to have to add the bar in to final weights. At the moment I only count the plates, my little bar weighs 10.8kg (I think). Will probably doing my comp lifts next Wednesday. Just hoping to be able to tape them and upload. Exciting times!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?