Forums are back in action! ×

Bugger.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Nice.

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Time to get up. Taking Son2 and Son3 to a funeral today. One of their mates died in a tragic accident. This is not going to be good for Son3.

I'm sorry to hear! I hope Son3 and Son2 feel better soon.

One of the oldest homesteads in Western Australia, est 1860. Has been done up beautifully, even the sheds and animal lodgings. Tea rooms full of Nannas out for tea and cake.

f957928db9353233e7157c42eb09e387.jpg

Edenvale, Pinjarra.

That looks pretty!

• Like 1

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

Liked the picture of the old home.  Touring older homes is a favorite of mine.  The house has grass around it.  I didn't know you had grass in Straylia.  I didn't see any in the Crockadile Dundee movies.

• Like 3

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

I love a good room full of little old ladies having tea.

(it's my job! xD)

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

The only patch in Australia Peelout.

• Like 1

The Cube/Week2 Rep Squat Day 19.03.2016 Saturday

Warm Up:

Just you know stuff.

Rep Squat:

2x10@BW

2x5@51kg

3x10@73.5kg (woohoo, things were pinging, hammies, calves and quads all screaming at me by the last 5 reps)

Front Squat:

2x6@51kg (these felt pretty good not like it did last week, grinding them out.)

Pause @ Parallel:

2x10@68.5kg (2 second pause today..........hard, hard, hard)

Good Mornings:

3x10@Bar

Lunge:

3x10@28kg (still only doing 5 per leg)

RDL:

4x10@28kg (did these pretty fast with only 15 sec rest between sets. Gym buddy had the higher plates)

Leg Extensions:

3x10@35kg

ABS:

Laying Leg Raises:

3x12

Swiss Ball Crunch:

3x10@7.5kg

Planks:

1x37s

1x35s

1x32s

Put a crock pot on a lunch time, so by the time we had finished in the shed the Lads had cooked the rice and were serving themselves dinner! Apricot Chicken, NOM, NOM, NOM.

Found out today that one of my friends in town has type 1 diabetes. She was being monitored for type 2 but the usual medications weren't working so they put her on insulin, on Wednesday. She is not over weight, eats 90% paleo (yah me for turning her to the dark side) and is extremely active. I guess sometimes life just sucks! She told me this as we were picking up rubbish around the rubbish depot for Scouts, also informing me they are still trying to get her dosages of insulin right and she had insulin and jelly beans in her bag! OMG, I was checking where she was every two minutes. She has also said she will have to really relax the paleo for a bit as she needs carbs with her food prior to her insulin as she had a hypoglycemic episode she thought it may have been because meat and salad was just not........heavy enough when she took her insulin. She is experimenting to see what will work.

I think I need ice-cream.

Wait! What............?

Nobody "needs" ice cream. lol

Sorry about your friend.  That would be pretty frustrating to be taking care of yourself and still getting it.  Not that its less frustrating if you don't take care of yourself, just another kind of frustration.

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

Spent most of the day in the ute, kids needing to go back to school and wotnot. So no bodybuilding workout :( this is the second week, so not overly joyed with that. My weight has been steady at 106.4 - 106.8kg so my 2kg lost bounced right back, but I haven't gained so that is good.

Looking forward to staying home tomorrow. 

I have 4 weeks to lose some body fat to look fabulous for Roly's 50th birthday party! Might take Son1's girlfriend shopping for a *gasp* dress! :P

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

4 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

Spent most of the day in the ute, :P

Had to google it.

Ute (vehicle)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Australian advertisement, mid-1950s

2006 Holden Ute (Australia)

A ute – an abbreviation for "utility" or "coupé utility" – is a term used originally in Australia and New Zealand to describe usually two-wheel-drive, traditionally passenger vehicles with a cargo tray in the rear integrated with the passenger body; as opposed to a pickup whose cargo tray is not integrated with the passenger body. In South Africa the term "bakkie" is generally used, although General Motors in that country now sells the Australian Holden in small numbers there and calls it a ute, while a small front-wheel drive Chevrolet pickup sourced from Brazil and sold in South Africa is called a utility. However, only General Motors uses this terminology.[1]

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

The Cube/Week 3, Rep Deadlifts (21.03.2016)

Warm Up:

Shit load of stretching and stuffs.

Rep Deadlift:

2x5@68kg

1x5@78kg

3x8@88kg

Block Pulls:

2x6@98kg

2" Deficit Deadlifts:

2x10@78.5kg

Leg Extensions:

4x10@40kg

Lunge:

4x10@31kg (5 each leg only)

RDL:

4x10@31kg

BOR:

4x10@28.5kg

Shrugs:

4x10@28.5kg

ABS:

Swiss Ball Crunches:

3x12@5kg

Prone Jack Knife:

3x10

Russian Twist:

4x10@5kg

Jeebus, this took almost 2 hours! The Lads had made dinner by the time I got in! 

Tired now

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

I just realized that shopping on line for a dress for Roly's 50th is not going to work. My hips are not wider than my bust, which is bigger because it has always been this way and it would seem my back and shoulders are bigger but my cup size has not changed and if the item has darts then it will fit wrong, shit, does this mean I really do have to go shopping and try stuff on????? :hopelessness:

All this to look good for the old boy and get out of shorts/jeans/trackies and slogan t-shirts.

I can feel the anxiety rising already.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

3 hours ago, peelout said:

Your workouts are getting absolutely gruesome.  Do you have much energy the next day?  I'd be the walking dead after a w/o like that.

Energy the next day, yes, but come the evening when things slow down, legs might feel a bit tight, or shoulders, or whatever it is was I was working. Wouldn't change it for the world, at least I know I was working! :)

Wait! What............?

You do know that at fifty you might give Roly a heartie if you get too dolled up for his party?

If you get it just right, he'll want everyone to just piss off, to get your dress off.

This is what you want:

ab9744381a48dbd1689f3c02829e6aed.jpg

• Like 2

The Cube/Week3 Explosive Bench Wednesday (23.03.2016)

Warm Up:

Loads of stretching, static and dynamic.

Explosive Bench:

1x10@30kg

1x10@35kg

8x3@43.5kg

Close Grip Bench:

2x5@48.5kg

Pause Bench 1" off chest:

3x8@41kg

Laying Overhead Tricep Extensions:

4x12@7.5kg

Front/Side Raises

3x12@5kg

OHP:

3x10@33.5kg

Bicep Curl:

4x10@22.5kg

Skull Crushers:

4x12@10kg

ABS:

Laying Leg Raises:

4x12

Planks:

1x37s

1x33s

1x35s

Feeling pretty good after this. Could have finished a bit earlier but GB (gym buddy) and I were solving the problems of the world!

Time to feed then into shower, Scout Uniform and then into town for Scout AGM, which I will have to leave early, change uniform donning the green Ambo uniform for training, my team have helmet removal and spinal tonight! Ohh goody!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Totally killed it with the training tonight! Helmet removal DONE, Spinal DONE! the trainer said he would be more than happy if our team turned up if he fell off his motor bike........if he had a motor bike!

Off to Harvey and Bunbury, pick up Son5 from school then into Bunbury, take Sons5, 6 and 7 to the movies while we wait for Son1 to be dropped off at the depot. Another late night, but really looking forward to watching Zootopia with Son7. Might sneak Son6 in with Son5 so they can watch Batman vs Superman. :excitement:

Maybe even start this dress shopping Challenge! :hopelessness:

• Like 2

Wait! What............?