Forums are back in action! ×

4 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Bit the social media bullet, yes I am now on Face Book. Mixed feelings on this. I thought Instagram was cool, my last experience with FB sucked.

I keep thinking of coming off it, as it never leaves me feeling better yet I'm mildly addicted!  Also, I hate that I get annoyed when not many people like something I post that I think is worthy of likes!  But it's the only way I get certain information, so I choose to be stuck with it.

Also, a spa in your en suite?!  

56 minutes ago, LouCarJo said:

I keep thinking of coming off it, as it never leaves me feeling better yet I'm mildly addicted!  Also, I hate that I get annoyed when not many people like something I post that I think is worthy of likes!  But it's the only way I get certain information, so I choose to be stuck with it.

Also, a spa in your en suite?!  

Yeah, the only reason I have gone back to FB is because the Venturers all communicate this way, and I need to get camp information or activity information out, and e-mail I soooooo yesteryear ;)

Ensuite bathroom, bathroom attached to main bedroom, we have a spa, I just think it is a hassle to keep dust free and clean. My partner loves it, me, not so much.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

"The Cube"

Week2 (again) Explosive Deadlifts 05.09.2016

WARM UP:

Skipping, stretches, 1x5@40kg DL, 1x5@40kg RDL, 1x5@60kg DL, more stretching!

EXPLOSIVE DEADLIFTS:

8x3@91kg

BLOCK PULLS:

2x5@98.5kg

2" DEFICIT DEADLIFTS:

3x8@86kg (it was here my knees got scrapped and my thumb got de-calloused!)

Spoiler

CHEST SUPPORTED ROWS:

4x12@6kg

STEP UPS:

4x12@10kg (totally manned up here and did the full 12 per leg)

RDL:

4x6@40kg (wussed out here, cut my reps in half, back fatigue and my hands were killing me)

KROC ROWS:

4x14@6kg

SEATED ROWS:

4x12@30kg

It was after the last set of rows my stomach cramped up and I could hardly breathe, not sure what was going on but fuck me it was like a labour contraction lasting about 2 minutes! Weird. So ditched the ABS for dinner, shower and now bed! Big day tomorrow! Excited much!!!

Wait! What............?

Feeling angry:

Spoiler

For the last 4 months one of our senior officers at the Ambulance has been liaising with our Fire and Rescue guys and their Regional Director on what we call the "Mystery Tour of Life" basically we get all the high school students from the surrounding towns old enough to start their driving license and set them up to see the aftermath of a car accident. As in they turn up just minutes before the emergency services do, the scene is set by one of our officers then we go full scenario, dead people, cutting cars open, spinal boards, blood and guts, the whole lot. We start at the beginning on the side of the road and finish in the town morgue.

In the last couple of weeks we have had briefings with Fire and Rescue, the local Cops have been informed and invited to all such briefings and not once did their Sergent or representative turn up. Although they were kept informed of progress. Professional courtesy. 

Today was the day, I am the attending officer and my driver is the awesome Miss D. So we go out to the cars a couple of hours before with the F&R chief to go over how this looks, what our plan is for first on scene, what their plan is as in cutting cars etc. No Cops of course. So we spend about half an hour out there getting everything straight for a seamless show for the most benefit for the kids. Cool, we're all set. The make up on the victims was so freaking awesome! Our young make up artist outdid herself! The victims go out and set themselves up on site, we wait just down the road for our signal.

What went wrong:

A cop car turned up at our end of the street, not supposed to happen, they should have come in from the other end, because they ALWAYS park in the wrong place.......so they get their call and speed off lights and sirens.

5 minutes later we get our call, so we take off lights and sirens, yep the fucking cops have blocked our entry! Ok, we get our gear and head towards the "dead" person, next thing you know we have a cop in our face yelling that they have checked them their dead but there s a girl who they pulled from the car who needs immediate attention. This is where 4 months of work went to fucking shit! :mad-new:

The way it was supposed to go down was, we turn up, determine dead guy is dead, he went through windscreen, proceed to car, start working on trapped girl, a smoke machine would then start blowing smoke, we back off, wait for Fire and Rescue to extinguish "fire" then go back to victim and work together to cut the victim from the car, using all the equipment at everyone's disposal so the kids could see, the movement of so many people, the screeching noise of generators, the fucking blood curdling noise of peeling a car roof back, all the smells, noise and movement of what happens in real life car accident, when people are seriously injured and trapped.

Because the Cops wanted to play fucking hero, all that was for naught! They pulled the absolutely shocked victim through the side window and dragged her down the road. Why they did this I have no idea, but Fire and Rescue were so blown back when they turned up, because they had spent hours prepping the cars for easy access and placing them in position for maximum viewing by the kids, they are Volunteers and spent hours on this, for nothing, because a couple of fucking idiot cowboy cops didn't fucking know what was supposed to happen, because they couldn't show up to briefings.

My driver actually had a go at the cop dragging the girl, saying he shouldn't be doing that, then we just did what we do and went with it. Fire and Rescue after initial confusion got going and rolled with it. Once we all left, they cut the cars up anyway, and why not, they put all the effort in!

Fire and Rescue and our Liason are taking this further, to our Superiors and the Police Department. This is totally not good enough. 

It was totally disappointing, it really did feel like it was show boating by the Cops, they used an inter-services symex and education tool and turned it into a PR exercise for themselves. They pushed themselves front and centre at every opportunity. The only time they stood back was in the Emergency Department and let the Trauma Nurses do their job. Some of their comments in the morgue I felt were a little unprofessional and out of line. Not fucking happy.

In all reality some of the accidents I have attended, (the really early morning ones or late evening one) the cops haven't even showed, and they should, they need to breathalyse all car accident drivers. We have had deceased call outs and have had to wait hours for the cops to turn up, we are there at incidences before they are, I can't remember when they have been first on scene to car accidents. It's not like our town is NYC.............

I think they disrespected us today. 

Wait! What............?

I am enraged on your behalf!! That is awful and I hope something is done to either reprimand or shame/embarrass those cops! Maybe a letter to the newspaper? It sucks when you have to keep professional connections, but still. I hope this isn't just ignored. I'm sorry you had a wonderful thing ruined.

• Like 1

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Previous Challenges: 1 ~ Current Challenge

Weight: 108.2kg

Weight: 109.2kg

My super power revealed! Gain 1 kilo in weight overnight! Now how can I use this in the pursuit of goodness and helping mankind?

Spoiler

My Mum said to me, I know you make fun of me taking those pills (garcinea or whatever fucking junk she's on) but even though I am not taking as prescribe I'm still losing body fat off my stomach, all this while she is looking at my stomach and apron and making me feel 10cm tall.

My only come back would have been, but it hasn't done anything for your arse. However I rarely bite back anymore, it's just pointless. 

I did however point out that she still does not exercise, she still overeats and instead of sitting in front of her computer reading and writing absolute shite fan fiction, she has now taken to laying in bed for hours reading her new obsession Outlander. I wonder how Dr Quinn medicine woman feels about that...........

Fuck she makes me angry!

Wait! What............?

16 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Weight: 108.2kg

Weight: 109.2kg

My super power revealed! Gain 1 kilo in weight overnight! Now how can I use this in the pursuit of goodness and helping mankind?

Hide contents

My Mum said to me, I know you make fun of me taking those pills (garcinea or whatever fucking junk she's on) but even though I am not taking as prescribe I'm still losing body fat off my stomach, all this while she is looking at my stomach and apron and making me feel 10cm tall.

My only come back would have been, but it hasn't done anything for your arse. However I rarely bite back anymore, it's just pointless. 

I did however point out that she still does not exercise, she still overeats and instead of sitting in front of her computer reading and writing absolute shite fan fiction, she has now taken to laying in bed for hours reading her new obsession Outlander. I wonder how Dr Quinn medicine woman feels about that...........

Fuck she makes me angry!

Mothers, eh?!  My mum bought me some supportive underwear and suggested I wear them as otherwise I'd be embarrassed to see photos of myself.  I didn't, and I wasn't.  This is probably the main (albeit f***ed up) reason I'd like to look more as though I actually work out, to not have to deal with comments like this!

• Like 1

Wish I could give you a big fat hug, mums can be the absolute worst. You look super strong, you're so dedicated to your workouts and I bet you have a TON of muscle on you. And basically, when all the muscle is gone, you die. So f*ck the apron and all that (pardon my French, but I'm just back from Paris), you've got it where it counts.

• Like 2

"The Cube"

Week2 Heavy Bench 08.09.2016

WARM UP:

An awful lot of all sorts of stuff, because even though the sun was trying to shine, the wind was freezing!

HEAVY BENCH:

5x2@56kg (went wide on last two sets, and had placed hands outside of arms of the bench, definately noticed the lower ROM, but felt really weakened by it)

CLOSE GRIP BENCH:

2x3@61kg (not hard)

BENCH WITH PAUSE 1" OFF CHEST:

4x6@53kg (Son6 the dope arse spotter! Although he left the shed before the last set............yep had to dump the weight! Only the little plate came off so had to finish with a roll of shame :hopelessness:)

All following sets are SUPER SETS:

CHEST SUPPORTED FRONT RAISES WITH BARBELL:

4x10@15kg

CHEST SUPPORTED BARBELL CURLS:

4x10@15kg

SIDE RAISES:

4x12@6kg Dumbbells 

FACE PULLS:

4x12@10kg

SKULL CRUSHERS:

4x12@6kg

SEATED CALF RAISES:

4x12@15kg (these were extra to even up sets, and since my lazy arse was already on the bench....... ;) and I have no calves, why not?)

ABS:

SWISS BALL CRUNCH:

4x12@10kg

HANGING LEG RAISES:

2xAMRAP = 5, 6, (although my grip gave out before my abs, the trusses in the shed are triangular and a real bitch to hang on to.)

Came inside had the left over noodle stir fry from Tuesday with a couple of poached eggs on top. Now it is time to sort the rest of everything out..........shower first!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Seems like cops are pretty much the same regardless of nationality

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

The Cube

Week2 Rep Squat 10.09.2016

WARM UP:

Skipping, stretching, 1x5@50kg squats, 1x5@70kg squats, more stretching and Shizz.

REP SQUAT:

3x8@81kg

FRONT SQUAT:

2x6@65kg

PAUSE @ PARALLEL HELL:

3x10@76kg (OMG my legs, my hammies, my owwwwwww)

SUPER SETS:

BOR:

4x10@40kg

RDL:

4x12@40kg

LEG EXTENSIONS:

4x12@35kg

LEG CURLS:

4x12@25kg

SHRUGS:

4x12@30kg

CALF RAISES:

4x12@30kg

ABS:

RUSSIAN TWISTS:

4x16@10kg

PLANKS:

4x35s

Having not done squats for a little while, these made me sweat! Not going to lie, had me working! :)

• Like 2

Wait! What............?