Forums are back in action! ×

So here I am in town, I have my gym bag and I really can't make myself move from Mum's couch, I'm totally just wiped out. Might. Be a good idea to just leave it today and see how we feel tomorrow.

Tis what I would do. Well, I would at least try...not sure how successful I'd be knowing me.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Feeling a little more human today and have had a big breakfast, something about "feed a cold"? Still not sure I could do a work out due to snot drizzle and doing DL while the boogers stretch is not an idea I am comfortable with, even on my own I the shed.

I'll. leave it and call this a rest week. Yes I am weak, but I want to be able to continue in the best health and not relapse again and again. I had to deal with that shit when I was swimming, they never gave us enough time to properly recuperate and then wonder why we were still getting sick.........sports science has come a long way since then though.

This may give me time to research intermediate lifting programs, even dun, dun, dun......the Danger Method! I love Stronglifts and it has got me some great strength but I think it is time to move on and see what else is out there. If all else fails I can collapse back into Stonglifts, no harm, no foul.

Wait! What............?

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching and stuff.

Squats:

1x10@BW

1x10@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@70kg

5x5@72.5kg

2x2@80kg (PR)

OHP:

1x20@20kg

2x5@30kg

1x4@30kg ( weird Bicep thingy again :( )

1x5@25kg

Deadlift:

1x5@40kg

1x5@70kg

1x5@90kg

1x1@100kg. OMG, WOOT!!!!!

1x1@100kg. OMG, WOOT!!!!! It wasn't a fluke!

1x5@70kg

Extra shyte:

2x12@10kg shrugs

2x12@10kg reverse curls

2x12@10kg calf raises

2x12@10kg ( 6 each leg coz I'm whacked at this stage ) lunges.

Cool Down:

Stretching

This was pretty, bloody awesome after a cold and migraine and all round crappy week. I am well chuffed at 100kg DL! I am also pretty chuffed at 80kg squat, just thought I would go for it, I was getting sick of looking at 70kg in my workout logs.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Stretching, skipping, flailing of legs and arms, very comical but it was sooooo cold!

Squats:

1x10@BW

1x10@30kg

2x5@50kg

5x5@75kg

I can't be sure but I am thinking I am rounding my back a little as I try to push up, have asked one of the Lads to come spot me next time. These felt pretty good all together though, knee sorted and arse sorted!

Bench:

1x10@30kg

5x5@45kg

On the 4th set I did them legs up and Holy crap the last rep was a fucking struggle, but I got it! Might be time to try 47.5kg.

Row:

5x5@45kg

Oh wow, who would have thought 2.5kg could weigh so much, made sure I was in parallel to the floor and locked in like I was doing RDL, man, the last rep of each set was really very hard.

The DOMS didn't seem to hinder anything tonight although the cool down stretch really had things pinging! :)

Wait! What............?

Dropped Son5 off at his transition today, he is staying 3 days at the Agricultural College he is attending next year. How fast they grow up.

Totally shattered by the time I got home, so lifting tomorrow, but seriously not going to beat myself up about not doing it tonight.

Just having coffee with the Lads watching X Men in bulk!

Wait! What............?

Deadlift:

1x5@40kg

1x5@70kg

1x5@90kg

1x1@100kg. OMG, WOOT!!!!!

1x1@100kg. OMG, WOOT!!!!! It wasn't a fluke!

1x5@70kg

YAY!

Bench:

1x10@30kg

5x5@45kg

On the 4th set I did them legs up and Holy crap the last rep was a fucking struggle, but I got it! Might be time to try 47.5kg.

What do you mean "Legs up"?

Dropped Son5 off at his transition today, he is staying 3 days at the Agricultural College he is attending next year. How fast they grow up.

Totally shattered by the time I got home, so lifting tomorrow, but seriously not going to beat myself up about not doing it tonight.

Just having coffee with the Lads watching X Men in bulk!

So it's a "bulking day"... eh... eh

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

4.7.2015 Saturday

Stronglifts:

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching and all the other silliness:)

Squats:

1x10@BW

1x10@40kg

1x5@60kg

5x5@77.5kg

Feeling really good about these at the moment. Tried to place my feet a little more forward and no great drama unfolded due to this so that was pretty cool. Might just try 5x5@80kg next time!

OHP:

1x5@20kg

1x5@30kg

2x5@32.5kg

1x5@30kg

Called it, this has not progressed for at least 6 months, on the second set of 32.5kg, tweaked my Bicep on the 4th rep, not good, even with all the rest lately these are not my happy place. I think perhaps alternatives need to be found.

Deadlift:

1x5@70kg

1x3@90kg

1x2@102.5kg

1x5@70kg

I love this lift, but when I get to 105kg I am going to stop there until I can do 105kg for reps, ie, more than 1 or 2 at a time. Oh yeah I love this lift.

Time to get ready for town, Winter Festival tonight and finishing off the Igloo!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

OHP:

1x5@20kg

1x5@30kg

2x5@32.5kg

1x5@30kg

Called it, this has not progressed for at least 6 months, on the second set of 32.5kg, tweaked my Bicep on the 4th rep, not good, even with all the rest lately these are not my happy place. I think perhaps alternatives need to be found.

Deadlift:

1x5@70kg

1x3@90kg

1x2@102.5kg

1x5@70kg

I love this lift, but when I get to 105kg I am going to stop there until I can do 105kg for reps, ie, more than 1 or 2 at a time. Oh yeah I love this lift.

OHP doesn't stand for Over Head Press.  I must stand for Opposite of Happy Progression for the sluggishness of progression.

DL though.  DL = Double Love, because we love it so much.

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

OHP:

1x5@20kg

1x5@30kg

2x5@32.5kg

1x5@30kg

I've started doing what is apparently called Shoulder Shockers... https://www.t-nation.com/training/shoulder-shocker

I'm still in the research mode, but it's going good so far.

Also... start really light, I started at 10 pound dumb bells and it hurt pretty good...

• Like 1

My first challenge

Thanks for the thoughts Doe. :)

Gonna add those to the arsenal Insanity.

I'm thinking that being a swimmer and having shoulders would have worked to my advantage with OHP. Obviously the shoulders can seemingly hack it, but the arm muscles cannot.

With this forced time off I have had time to contemplate a lot of things. I have done some serious reading and it might be time to re-evaluate my plan.........

Wait! What............?

So with this forced break it has given me time to contemplate what my next move should be. What my next phase to plan might entail. I have had ample time to read and think on things. I underpants big time, like truly did the Granny Knickers of programs on the webs.

Then it came back to me: KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. KISS.

I can't keep doing what I am doing, I don't have a coach, I don't have a nutritionist, I don't have a meet I need to train for, I am a woman in her 40's lifting shit in her shed. Sad and pathetic really.

So I am going to set up some new plans/goals, long term strength and body composition.

This also includes bowing out of future Challenges and keeping a good DBL.

Wait! What............?

So with this forced break it has given me time to contemplate what my next move should be. What my next phase to plan might entail. I have had ample time to read and think on things. I underpants big time, like truly did the Granny Knickers of programs on the webs.

Then it came back to me: KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. KISS.

I can't keep doing what I am doing, I don't have a coach, I don't have a nutritionist, I don't have a meet I need to train for, I am a woman in her 40's lifting shit in her shed.

So I am going to set up some new plans/goals, long term strength and body composition.

This also includes bowing out of future Challenges and keeping a good DBL.

Fixed that for you... nothing sad and pathetic about it. Sometimes you have to step back and regroup, nothing wrong with that...

• Like 1

My first challenge

Hey seven! Sorry I haven't been keeping up with you guys. How are you? If I may make a suggestion for your ohp, try to goal training for a while. Pick a weight and work on it until you can do ten reps, then add a little more. It's done well for me on both overhead and bench.

Sent from my N9520 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The new beginning is going to start tomorrow:

It will be a Tuesday not a Monday and it will be the 14.7.2015

Measurements to come. Will be interesting to actually see those measurements now compared with the measurements I did when I restarted the battle log. I do not believe there is going to be much change.

So more to come.

Wait! What............?