Forums are back in action! ×

New to nerd fitness and Leonidas is my inspiration

Hello, I'm Palehorse and I wanna be a Ranger. I now want to start on these boards & will join all future challenges. Any pointers would be appreciated!

NF has given me the inspiration and motivation to level up my life to an epic level.

My main goal right now is to get 8%-10% body fat percentage! I believe right now I'm hovering in the 12%-15% area, I'll know more when I have a professional measurement. I've been Paleo-ish (approx. 90% of the time) since Nov. 23rd, and started my strength training on Jan. 3rd.

At the time of starting my epic new lifestyle I was approx. 230 lbs. and am currently sitting at 187 lbs.

Main Goal

-Get strong healthy and extremely fit (Bonus: looking good naked!)

Motivation

-Be happy with my body

-Increase energy levels (Mind and Body)

-Looking to get into firefighting

Goals

1. Commit to 100% Paleo lifestyle

2. Strength Training 3x a week ( Min. 30 mins each workout)

3. Learn to Squat, Deadlift, Overhead Press, Dips, Pull-up properly and incorporate into my workout routine.

4. Join Nerd Fitness Academy

5. Document Everything (Pictures, Diet, Workout, BF%)

Side Quest

1. Quit smoking within next 6 weeks

2.Build Confidence

3.Work on better Posture

4.Provide a more positive/happy/healthy life and example for my wife and children  

Motivation

1. Help my body become stronger and healthier faster and have more resistance to disease and boost my immune system

2.Lead by example and be a good role model for my family

3.Create opportunities to level up my life and the lives around me

Goals

1. Reduce the qty. of cigarettes I smoke daily by one a week for the next 6 weeks and then quit. (currently at 8 a day)

2.Consciously correct my posture daily, using reminders only I will see

3.Start conversation and hold eye contact with new people

4.Spend more quality time with my children

5.Be more proactive and romantic with my wife

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but it's a good start I believe. Thank you. Any support, advice, friendship, or pointers will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Go Rangers, Hooah!  

Best Regards, Palehorse

• Like 1

"Nobody will give you permission. Nobody will serve it to you on a silver platter.You are solely responsible for your future, anf the future is F***ing bright!"

Hey Palehorse,

I see we both have a lot of the same goals. Only you are way ahead of me with the BF%. Don't know where i am, but somewhere between the 20-30. The rest could be a sum up of my goals! So if you will be doing challenges i will try to check you out.

The only thing in my favor is i quit smoking years ago. So my advice (do like me and): go cold turkey, now, this instant, if your smoking while you read this, put it out and quit! IMHO there are 2 types of smokers. Type one, they allready have the right motivation to stop. Type 2, they just haven't found the right motivation to stop one day but eventually they will become type 1 (or sadly they will die trying to find the right motivation).

Reading your post i think you are a type 1. So why not do it now! You know you will stop eventually, why stretch the bad habit! It's all between your ears. Take that big "smoking-switch" in there and turn it from on to off. It's not like with losing fat or gaining muscles. That is something that takes time. This is something you can achieve right at this very moment! I think it's by far the easiest quick-win.

Make sure you mention it on any list of achieved goals you make in the future!!! And i think it looks awesome that you can cross off 1/5 of your goals at the earliest stages of your journey.

If i can provide you any "more" help or you want to discuss this feel free to contact me or just reply. I'll doublecheck to see if my profile is setup right!

Good luck, whatever your decission will be on the smoking goal!

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

I've  been doing great....even with life's speed bumps. Don't ask. Anyways I'm on track for my goals right now. Thank you for checking in with me it's motivating knowing someone is interested in my quest. I was starting to think my post was all for nothing (wouldn't have deterred me regardless) but its nice to have someone to encourage me. Truly it is, and thank you. I hope you guys are progressing as well. I have become stronger in almost every aspect of my life and will elaborate at a later date. Right now parenting calls, just wanted to check in and thank you. Stay strong Rangers!

P.S. I'm also training to run a Spartan Race in August. I would like to hear from anyone with past experience in this subject.

"Nobody will give you permission. Nobody will serve it to you on a silver platter.You are solely responsible for your future, anf the future is F***ing bright!"