Forums are back in action! ×

Ok i dropped off the bandwagon majorly during the last two months.

It's seasonal affective disorder season and i'm still recovering from surgery more than I like to admit it. I went to roller derby but could't go more than once as I seriously hurt myself falling, as the surgery site isn't yet totally healed. I'm waiting for another half year minimum. I thought I was healed more.

This week i'm getting back on the bandwagon. I have done 30 minutes of yoga (yesterday) and I went to archery on friday.

Why I fell off? winter blues and post surgery.

Why I'm getting back on? I need this.

How i'm going to prevent it happening again? form stronger communitiy ties so its harder to walk away.

Lets do this.

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60953-challenge-1-take-2/

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60532-battlelog-no-excuses/#entry1384657

"That which does not kill me had better run like hell as I'm coming for it"

New community tie: reporting for duty.

I may not offer a strong one right off the bat (I mean after all, what's a stranger on the internet), but it will be a tie. Do you have a battle log thread I can follow and offer support or encouragement? Would you like to converse via messages from time to time? Whatever you need to stay on track, let me know, and I'm in. I may not share your particular struggles, nor be able to relate to them completely, but I can relate to feeling down, I can relate to struggle, and I can relate to being disappointed when I find I can't do what I once did.

There are enough reasons to get down in life, so try your best not to get down on yourself if you find things your wounds hold you back from. You'll get there eventually. Your specific case might require a little more medical help to know what you're capable of and when, but given enough guidance, time, dedication, and effort, you can bounce back. You can rebuild you. You have the technology. You can make you better, stronger, faster.

I can remind you of that any time you need.

Battle Log

"Those who feel themselves despised do well to look despising. The smile on Bernard Marx's face was contemptuous." 

O wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't.

— William Shakespeare

Thank you PDazzle, I will happily take you up on it! I had a battle log but I think i'm going to go for a fresh start and start up a new one - a fresh start if you will.

Message and/or encouragement would be great, and  of course i'm  happy to return the favour if you can point me at your battlelog?

And yes i can be rebuilt, faster, better and stronger. I just need to put my nose to the grindstone and not give up. Never give up.

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60953-challenge-1-take-2/

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60532-battlelog-no-excuses/#entry1384657

"That which does not kill me had better run like hell as I'm coming for it"

I've got a link to my log in my signature. I'll keep an eye out for your new and improved battle log so I can follow it right away and hassle you if you don't give me enough to read.  :playful:

Battle Log

"Those who feel themselves despised do well to look despising. The smile on Bernard Marx's face was contemptuous." 

O wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't.

— William Shakespeare