Forums are back in action! ×

Duckista checking in

Greetings! I haven't been reading NF for very long (only a week-ish), but it's been long enough to know this is my type of thing -- and y'all are my kind of people. :)

Basics: I'm female, 28 (well, 29 in three weeks), live in Seattle, work for the green-apron'd siren, am a former journalist and have an awesome orange cat who thinks he's a dog (read: he likes to play fetch).

Deets: I'm one of those weird folks who enjoys working out -- once I'm actually doing it. It's the getting-out-the-door part that trips me up and keeps me on my couch, in front of my computer, watching parts of my life pass me by. I'm 5'5.5"ish and weigh 225 pounds. My highest weight was 240 about four years ago -- I joined weight watchers, lost 25 pounds, changed jobs/schedules, quit, gained 10 back and have stayed +/-5 since. And frankly, I don't care about the numbers -- at least not those. I'd love to wear a size 10 or 12 for the first time since middle school. And I'd love to be able to run a mile in less than 10 minutes. And to finish the half marathon I've signed up for (Eugene, Ore., April 29) in less than 2:45 (which would mean running, which would also be a half PR by more than one hour).

I am very overdue for my nightly nap at the moment (see my challenge post here regarding that), so that's all for now. I can't wait to get to know you folks better ... and to start leveling up one step at a time. :-D

.believe.

..do what makes you happy..

...sacrifice or regret :: you decide ...

Welcome duckista. Best of luck in your goals. It's good that you enjoy exercising since that is sometimes half the battle. Maybe some of the challenges that are posted around the boards could help in inspiring you to get out the door. Dawsy has a running challenge right now that could help in your training. Bag-End-to-Brandywine-Ultra The small challenges help me in achieving my larger goals.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.