Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone!

Well, I'm one of those guys that's been consistently chubby and overweight my entire life. And in the past couple of years I've reached the obesity levels of weight, I think at least, I'm 5'10" and I over around 245 at the moment, a few months ago my max weight got up to around 265, but I don't know how my weight has gone down from that much. Anyways, I was never super active growing up, I played sports on and off and didn't really enjoy them until I got into Martial Arts, but I don't really consider them a sport. Besides Karate and such, the only other sports that really got me going were Lacrosse and Rugby, which I would do now, but I don't have any Men's clubs in the area for me to join.

Well a few months ago I realized that I don't really know anything about exercising, losing weight, and staying in shape. So, I began my journey in researching and learning as much as possible. After hundreds of hours surfing the internet I finally found MarksDailyApple, and from that site and forums I also found NerdFitness and several other Health and Fitness sites. After several months of stalking and looming around I've decided to join the forums here and see if I can work towards losing some weight, and maybe finally doing a pull up!

Goals and what not for myself...

Future goals(for now)

-Get down to around 190 lbs.

-Do 10 pulls ups

-50 Push ups

-Run a 5K

Goals for right now

-Get down to 225

-Do 1 Pull up

-Do 25 Push ups, I did 16 early today, not bad for barely moving for so long

-Run 1 Mile nonstop

-Improve my flexibility

-Cut the junk food

-Eat more of a Paleo/Primal diet, not easy when living with your parents.

Yeah... I've decided for now I'm going to stick with body-weight exercises and just work on getting my butt moving. I figure that's the most important thing right now. I'm also gonna work on practicing my Karate Kata's more. Hopefully this will work out!

For the Rebellion!

-Relosa

Welcome to the forums Relosa. You will find a great group of people here all working on improving their health and sharing their experiences. Keep your goals in sight and you will knock them out of the water.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Thanks for the welcome!

I've been starting to track what I eat. When starting I realized how much junk I was eating. So, now I'm cutting it out and trying to eat more real foods and less sugar. I know diet is a huge part of it and I think I just need to take some baby steps to ease myself into it.

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Looks like you have a good start already, and can see where you're going. That is excellent. I'm really looking forward to seeing you kick your goals in the butt! Good luck with the food. Its always hard when you live in a household where you have to share meals with other people who don't necessarily want to eat the way you do. Cutting back on the junk is a huge start though, and who know, maybe your parents would enjoy eating a bit more primal?