Forums are back in action! ×

One more Nerd for the Herd

Hi everybody. I'll spare you the details of the following:

• how I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired
  • how my nutrition has been a mish-mash up and down mixture of paleo, primal, junk food, delicious craft beer/micro brews etc.
  • how I am notorious for diving into fitness endeavors head first but not checking the depth of the pool, thus ultimately sustaining some form of trauma and failing
  • how I love to use the excuse that my desk job made me Mr. Fatty McLazypants
  • how I default to explaining my recent gut swell on sympathy weight during my wife's pregnancy (my daughter is 10 months old & I still use this one)
  • and various other reasons for how I got to the point I'm currently at.

I'm happy to be here. I randomly found this site while trying to disprove some theories my coworker threw at me regarding the benefits of lifting heavier things fewer times per week for better overall fitness (his theory) vs. intense cardio and fewer calories (my misguided theory). Damn, he was right and I lost a 5 spot. However the information I've found in this place over the last week was well worth it.

My goals are to lose weight by getting stronger, put my diet on lock down, get more sleep, feel better, and as a result of all of the above = look better.

I am a nerd by every measure of the definition and I'm glad I finally found a fitness home. Viva la rebellion!

--JDoughMO

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life"

JDoughMO's "Better Late Than Never" Challenge

Hey JDoughMO, welcome to the forum. It's good to see another new father with "sympathy weight gain". I used that excuse for two years. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Plan of attack? Damn! I knew I forgot something! I guess the answer is no. No I don't have an attack plan. That's mostly why I'm here. I know what I want but I'm not quite sure how to get there. I'm usually guilty of too much too soon which = burnout. Any and all help developing an attack plan is more than welcome!!!

***EDIT***

I now have a plan. I just purchased the Rebel Strength Guide. Go for launch...

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life"

JDoughMO's "Better Late Than Never" Challenge