Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from the Netherlands!.

Hey Folks,

I`m new on NF, and i`d like to introduce myself.

My name is Sebastiaan, i`m 42 and I live in the Netherlands together with my Cat and Gaming pc.

Since august last year I’ve been exercising, not because I felt I needed the exercise, and no I was not happy with my body, but I just did not care, it was only when a friend of mine said he had a membership to a gym but had only gone once in three months, that I opted to also get a membership to get some exercise and motivate him to go more often.

We started out on the 17th August (I remember exactly because it’s the day after I got back from a holiday to Spain) going twice a week, Tuesday and Saturday, we started out using the n00blet charts they have at the gym to basically build up strength and stamina and at least in my case I started noticing my body strength going up (not the appearance of my body tho).

After a month or 2 I got the taste for it, I liked the sweating a lot.. after a hard workout, it felt like did something with my evening.. I was soaked, sore, and tired but felt awesome. So around October of `14 I suggested to add another day to our schedule to do some cardio, so we added Thursday to our regime.

Right now this is what we do (and pardon me if I get their names wrong, I’m looking up the names by googling it):

·         Tuesday – LegPress, LegExtension, LegCurl, Standing Calf, Chest press, Shoulder Press, assisted pullups

·         Thursday – Running/Crosstrainer/Bike for about 1 ½ hours, then after a short break to catch our breath we do bench-presses, 5x 8 reps with increasing weight, and we finish with the abdominal machine.

·         Saturday – with Dumbells, Single Arm Row, Bicep Curls, Front Raise, Shoulder Press, Incline dumbell press, then Seated Row, Back Extension, and usually we finish with some casual running/crosstraining

I have not change much in my diet, except that I watch more what I drink and eat, that alone has caused me to lose about 19lbs since August, but since around October I’ve been stuck at around 178lbs, and since I’m only 5,6ft (considering that the average Dutch guy is around 6,1ft) that’s overweight, but at least my scales no longer say i`m obese! So thats a +

Since a month or so ive been noticing the firming of my arms and legs so that’s a nice side effect of my exercises, but I want more, so I have decided to train 4 times a week instead of three, unfortunately my buddy is already finding it tough to split his time between work, fitness, leasure, and his family so he is sticking to three days per week.

So that means i`m going solo, and Ive decided that im going on Fridays, yes it’s the day after we have done cardio and bench presses, but I feel I can take more, i`m not dead tired, or have muscle ache, also I leave 45 minutes earlier from work, so i`m Fridays will be the day I do my exercise before dinner, and afterwards I can crash on the couch switch on Netflix and spend the entire night watching tv.. or…  watch for 20 min and fall asleep

I don`t yet know what I will do on Friday, but maybe you guys can help me with this, check the three days i`m going now and find the gaps I can fill with exercises I can do on Friday.

Anyway, the goals I’ve set in order of priority are:

#1 reach top part of the average weight of a person of my length, which for the Netherlands is between 58 and 72 kg (err..in weird weight scales that is..  127lbs to 158lbs), so that means losing around 19 pounds)

#2 feel comfortable with my body at the pool or without a shirt on

#3 look in the mirror at myself and think “That`ll do pigâ€

#4 go down to single digit BMI (or low teens)

#5 bulk up a bit and be toiht as a toihga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu31VyXlTzo

So that’s the fitness part, now to prove my nerdmanship.. even tho I concider myself a g33k instead of a nerd.

These are the consoles/computers I have had (except for the first one that one was owned by my parents and introduced me to gaming)

1978 - Atari 2600

1986 - Nes

1987 - Amiga 500

1992 - Amiga 1200

1993 - Amiga CD 32

1995 - Playstation 1

1995 - Pentium 1 233 with a S3 Virge 2mb vid card

1996 – upgraded to a Monster 3DFX card

1997 - Pentium 2 350

1999 – Upgraded to a Geforce 256

2000 - Playstation 2

2000 - Athlon 850 with the Geforce 256

2001 – Upgraded to a Geforce 3 Ti500

2004 - Athlon 64 3000 with a Ati 9800 XT

2005 - Xbox 360

2006 - Wii

2008 - Intel I7 920 with a Ati HD5850

2009 - Playstation 3

2014 - Intel I5 4670K with a AMD R9 290 Tri-x

My steam library currently has 372 games (if you wish to be my steam buddy my id is also m0j0, with the same avatar

And besides computer gaming my #1 hobby is Board games, preferably the ones that take up to 10 hours to complete J

I look forward to being a part of this community,

Kind regards,

Sebastiaan aka m0j0.

Pardon my grammar & spelling, English is only my 3rd language.

My brother! We've got a few in common... :D

Dutch: Check

Smaller than average for dutch standards: Check

Have to lose weight: Check

The need to look good without shirt (preferably before summer): Check (actually it's my main quest!)

Check my looks in the mirror, and not yet pleased: Check

Get at least a "toned" look (everybodies favourite word over here): Check

Watching netflix or fall asleep (mostly sleep): Check

Being a little younger (8 years) my list of (computer) gaming rigs isnt as impressive (but i have a great #1):

- Philips Videopac

- NES

- Pentium 2

- Thunderbird

- Pentium 4

- Core2duo

- PS3

- Lenovo Ideapad

Steam library not worth mentioning (3 or so)

Wicked, board games, i really like them, but got nobody to play with...

Probably a warrior who can give you some tips on excercising on friday.

Tip1: Start a topic in the 6 week challenge recruit forum. Here are some starters Recruit Guidebook(do it now and join the 6 Week Challenge which started 3 days ago) and if you have any questions, fire away, i can even explain in dutch if you want!

Tip2: Follow your own topic (above first post, righthand side red button)

Good luck! (i'm gonna follow this!)

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...