Forums are back in action! ×

An introduction before I leave for the gym!

Hello, I guess I’ll just post a little bit about myself instead of procrastinating. I joined this site in 2012 and then immediately abandoned it, I don't remember why... Life isn’t a narrative, but I will try quickly to shove mine into some form of one so that I’m not rambling forever:

I’m tired of excuses, I’m tired of beating myself up, and I’m tired of feeling like everything needs to accumulate to an *end goal*. Because really, once your dead, it’s the people you loved and the journeys you went on that matter(I think). I’m a procrastinating perfectionist, a typical artist who has not yet found a consistent(profitable) outlet for her creativity so is somewhat resigned to barista-dom and complaining/scanning craigslist and job boards for someone who will pay me for the art I should be making more of.

So, I have been improving things about myself but I am ramping it up! When I was younger I was a pretty serious gymnast until I realized that my passion was for art, but I seriously miss being able to move my body in now impossible ways. I don’t know right now if I’ll be able to tumble again, but I have been hitting the gym and trying to rebuild my strength and shed the pounds that I’ve put on over the years.

The pounds came from sitting around, distracting myself from getting real work done and having a sweet tooth that gets completely out of hand. I’ve reigned it in quite a bit already, but I do have lapses of discipline. I will be starting a battle log to track my calorie intake and workout accomplishments. I’m excited, but a little hesitant—I believe that sharing these things with people who have similar goals will benefit me and keep me accountable but a little doubting voice inside says it might all just be another pointless waste of my time.

I think that about covers it, I’m really look forward to meeting all you rebels who keep this forum alive and getting closer to my goals one baby step at a time!

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion, Shorty!  Great to have you.  I can sympathize with the Sweet Tooth.  Mine tends to get out of hand too.  Good luck on your goals!  If you have an idea of what exactly your goals are, I'd recommend making a challenge thread in the 6-week challenge board.  I've found that to be a great way to keep myself accountable.

Sky Pirate Monk

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

NF Character

Battle Log

Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit - Vyse the Blue Rogue

Hi shorty,

Definitely feel ya with the procrastination angle. I have made small attempts at self improvement that are quickly abandoned over the past 10 years. I too have a little doubting voice, but recently I listen more to my big believing voice. Listen out for it and I am sure you can drown out the doubts! Good luck on your quest.

What sort of art do you create btw?