Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everybody,

I thought I'd finally introduce myself after lurking for a couple of weeks.

I have always been an overweight and out of shape geek girl. I did some sports as a kid but never really found anything I loved doing.

In January I decided I had enough. The scale showed a scary 237 lbs and I started losing weight.

In February bought a treadmill and a home gym (I know, I know) but never really got into any workouts. Didn't really know what to do with the equipment. I walked a bit on the treadmill but nothing worth mentioning.

In May I found out about C25k and started the program. I found out I actually enjoy running! I am still running but 40 minutes is pretty much all I can do. I know it is mental, I simply get bored. I added some weight training (home gym) too, though never enjoyed that. I can see some results but I am looking for more.

Now I am almost 70 lbs lighter and way happier but still quite out of shape. I read lots and lots of articles here and love NF already. I started the NF beginners bodyweight routine last week and it is tough!! A home gym definitely doesn't prepare you for that! I plan on doing it and try the advanced version in a few weeks before I look into the Rebel Strength Guide. Maybe as a Christmas present!

I still have at least 5-10 pounds to lose and want to tone my body. My plan is to reach my goal of a normal BMI (5 lbs to go) by Christmas and dedicate 2012 to getting fit and toned.

Anyways, I am glad I found NF and can't wait to participate here.

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter

Hey LessJos, welcome to the forums!

Congrats on the achievements you have made in your health and fitness. I also have found joy in running this year and that has become one of my big motivators for exercising. Keep up the great work, you will find a lot of support in the forums and I know your story will inspire many here.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.