Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all,

I am ready to rededicate myself to fitness. I will be 42 next month and have two little babies at home. I need to be able to carry them and play with them. I have been pretty fit most of my life with most of my life being in the Army. I broke my ankle last year being cool dad while doing front flips on a trampoline. Two surgeries and thee screws later I gained 40 lbs and lost a lot of strength. My goals are to lose fat and get my lifts back up. I am currently 220 and would like to get back down to the 190-195 range. I would like to deadlift 2x my body weight, squat 1.5x BW and press BW. 

I hope this site will keep me accountable and am looking forward to being fit again for my kiddos.

Jimmy

Welcome!  Sounds like you have a good basis in lifting, as your chosen goals are basically the generally accepted metrics of Intermediate/Advanced levels.  Just start slow and don't rush things, as your ankle will probably be a little touchy for a bit.  I look forward to reading of your progress.

"Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back" - Samurai Maxim

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4

Battle Log

Hinge HabitsBe Like WaterFailure Should Be WelcomedArchitect Your EnvironmentSet Goals For Processes Not Desires, Minimum Effective Dose 101