Forums are back in action! ×

Well...That Coulda Gone Better...

So, I kind of failed my six week challenge last year. Fairly bad, too. I had a half marathon in Disney World to run, and when it came, I basically ran it cold (In the three months prior, I may have run a total of 20 miles or so...).

Brief bragging moment—I still did it! Made it 9 miles without walking a step, stopped to stretch out my legs a bit, ran about 3/4 of mile 9, all of mile 10 and 11, about 2/3 of 12, all of 13(.1), with a pretty decent kick at the end. In all, I'm kind of proud of myself for being able to pull it off.

That said, I'm trying again at getting my life in order—especially because I have several projects ongoing and I'm sick of never following through. I think this round, at least at first (and for the first 6-week challenge next...April?) will focus more on meditation, productivity, and general self-control. In other words, ground work. Buffing a few initial stats and making sure I'm properly equipped to start battling the physical aspects, which I hope to play with in the following 6-week challenge.

Next week is spring break. This may sound counter-intuitive, but I'm going to start meditating every day once I get back to school. The way my schedule is currently structured, I have all the time I could want every day around noon, in the small chapel in our Newman Center, just off campus. I'd rather start when I have a regular schedule to help me along the way.

In addition, I'm gonna try to touch at least two projects every day, unless I really get into a flow with one of them. None of them have set deadlines at the moment, so I'm not gonna try to hit them too hard, at least until the next Challenge.

Finally, I want to take a moment to apologize, specifically to Teri and Lullaby88. You both were there for me in my first challenge, and I appreciated it more than I may have demonstrated on that board. You both encouraged me not to drop that first challenge, but I did, anyway. I failed you two, and I owe you an apology.

That said, I'm not a defeatist. I know some people don't like to use the word "failure," because of some of the connotations and attitudes that come from it, but for me, failure=motivation. It's a challenge from past me to present me to figure out why I failed and how to avoid that in the future.

I honestly don't know how active I'll be on these boards between now and the next Challenge (my activity on message boards in the past fluctuates between extremes), but I want to take the moment to promise that, at the latest, I'll be back for it. And I'll not only complete it, but kick it's [i forget the rules on profanity].

Level 0 Human

STR: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 STA: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

(Impressive, huh?)

Respawn in 3...2...1...