Forums are back in action! ×

Well you got to start sometime..

Hello All!

I signed up back in 2013 and I am now introducing myself.. Go figure.

I'm Scott, from the UK and have recently caught the fitness bug. I'll spare you the depressing part of the story but I looked at myself and thought "Do I really want to be this guy?".

No, I didn't. I'm now over a month into a new routine, I've cut the crap from my diet and have been running three times a week to build my fitness up and prepare myself for the journey that is about to start.

My main goals are:

Running - I want to run further. This time last month I couldn't run a mile, now I'm at the point where I can run 2.5 miles in under 22 minutes without feeling like death has had his way with me.

Knee Strengthening - I have suffered from right knee dislocations, and a pretty bizarre broken kneecap injury which required surgery. I have a psychological barrier when it comes to sport / exercise / stepping up a kerb as I'm terrified of another setback. I need to strengthen my knee to be confident in myself.

General Fitness - As good as Running is for fitness, I need some upper body fitness also. This will hopefully be achieved with a variant of dumbbell and body weight exercises. 

So, just another skinny nerd looking to improve himself and share within a community for motivation.

Nice to meet you all :)