Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smite today?

I am sick. 

I smite the world and all it's disease spreading inhabitants. I now can no longer boast that I've never emptied the contents of my stomach at the exact same time as emptying the contents of my bowls. Damn you world!!!  *shakes fist dramatically*

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 11/4/2016 at 10:51 AM, Guzzi said:

I am sick. 

I smite the world and all it's disease spreading inhabitants. I now can no longer boast that I've never emptied the contents of my stomach at the exact same time as emptying the contents of my bowls. Damn you world!!!  *shakes fist dramatically*

Welcome to the club. The wet wipes are over there.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Almost being run over by a big pick up truck in a no motor vehicle zone and getting told "to get the F out of the way" and flipped off when I pointed out the big sign that said "No Motorized Vehicles"; I'm sorry but if it's the much of an emergency that you couldn't take the extra 5 minutes to go the long way around (actually using the road)something better be on fire or someone better be dying there is no excuse other than you are lazy and want to go home early for the holiday

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Put a lockbox over the thermostat.  Or just lock the closet door.  Anyone wanting to change the temp has to ask management for the key.  They'll get fans/sweaters real quick.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!! So along with hanging up the decorations at work on Wednesday I also re-arranged the room set up to make it more functional, my boss this morning "Oh did you rearrange the room" and I also had a pile of things that I need to bring down to recycling he went through every single box that was on the cart after I told him it was all for recycling......yet my co-workers get to fucking sleep at their desk and do nothing all day long, and everything I do is put under a fucking microscope

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

I'd like to smite some nightmares that are getting worse and making an exhausted, perpetually late zombie of me.  Not sure if my brain is always like this and I'm just now noticing, or if it's new due to new meds.  Either way I'd like my zzzz time back kthx.

This:

Attention the Legal Dept will be having it's Holiday luncheon 12/14 no one will be in the office after 12pm

Attention the Economics Dept will be having it's Holiday luncheon 12/15 no one will be in the office after 12pm

Attention the Regulatory Dept will be having it's Holiday luncheon 12/16 no one will be in the office after 12pm

etc etc etc, for every Dept in the Building

we send out an email saying we are closing the office down early (2:30pm after the last mail run for the day) we get a flood of emails asking if someone will be available for any late mail out or deliveries they might have.... Yea we are going to play rock paper scissors so someone has to sit behind just in case you guys need something, when it's your guys  turn to party all of your staff leaves the building and no one blinks an eye. so really who's the one that's needed most in the place?

• Like 2

Daily Mile

I was gonna have a bonfire tonight.  I invited friends.  One hour before showtime, the friend who was supposed to be driving the other guests flakes out.  Leaving me here all alone with my Hannukah candles.  Lame.  Sauce.

Lol, what lawn.  I live in an apartment.  You could pass out on the beach where the bonfire was gonna be, but you'd be in for an unpleasant waking, from either the cops or the incoming tide.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Carrie Fisher and the whole bloody year of 2016. Suck a bag of D#cks 2016. You took Bowie and Coen, you wanker!

And gave us Donald Trump...

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

10 hours ago, Raincloak said:

Lol, what lawn.  I live in an apartment.  You could pass out on the beach where the bonfire was gonna be, but you'd be in for an unpleasant waking, from either the cops or the incoming tide.

I've survived both, though I think it was a little bit warmer where I was than where you are right now

The cop one was actually innocent, we went out to the beach to watch a meteor shower and I got comfortable on the side of a sand dune and a few hours later I had a flashlight in my face telling me to wake up; explained the whole things to the cops and they just let us both go

The other involved copious amounts of beer and waking up to cold wet feet

• Like 2

Daily Mile

The DTs

I somehow managed to not take my painkiller last night. I honestly don't know how that happened. I have alarms that go off every 4 hours during the day to tell me which painkillers to take and my 8pm alarm definitely went off, I remember it as I had to go and get it from the kitchen, but I must have sat back down without taking my pills. Idiot!!!

Its a 12 hour release so I didn't notice before I went to bed but come the morning I was hallucinating, shaking, hot and cold at the same time, and also in a lot of pain. :( 

It felt like that scene in Trainspotting where Renton goes cold turkey and sees the baby crawling across the ceiling. 

Ok, so maybe that was a wee bit of exaggeration there, but it sure as fuck wasn't nice. 

22 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

yea Detoxing sucks, sorry Guzzi hope you feel better

Thanks Frosty. Its all good today, thankfully. I must admit, I'm not looking forward to the process of coming off these things once I'm all mended. That's assuming they can mend me and I'm not going to end up being like Humpty Dumpty... Gulp!

I'm tired of walking on egg shells, I'm tired of being nice just because she helps us out; but seriously when an 8 year old is doing meteorology as her science project and says "Tell Poppy to bring his umbrella with him on his walk because it's supposed to rain" and it rains during the middle of the night  finishing right before dawn there is something mentally wrong with you when as she is leaving for school you stop her and tell her "You were wrong about the weather yesterday" WTF she's 8 getting interested in a science that most people aren't interested in and was not wrong when she said it would rain that day, she just didn't know that it was going to be in the middle of the night. Seriously lady go get mental help, you don't need to be right about everything or call out little kids when they don't vote the way you wanted*, or when they are trying something that even major meteorologist can't predict right.

*The day after the US election she called up my daughter at 7:30am as we were getting ready for work/school to gloat that Trump won, seriously she was gloating.

• Like 1

Daily Mile