Forums are back in action! ×

MY ULTIMATE GOAL, TO BE ON THIS WEBSITE

CAPS LOCK OFF.

Hello all, I'm a big fan of this site, but been mostly lurking.

Today's article was a big morale booster for me.

It got me inspired.

I'm a 17 year old male, I should be in my prime right? Well, not exactly.

I've always been fat, chubby, baby fat whatever you call it I'm fat.

At 6'0 and 210lbs now and have some extreme love handles and gut.

I remember when I was under 200, just a year ago, I said there was no way I'd get above it, then a year later it happened.

My highest I've ever been is 230 and I am not going back there, again, ever.

Now I'm doing Stronglifts on off, but mostly on. I haven't been in more than 3 weeks.

This article brought my motivation up.

This is my challenge, By June, 2012 I will email this website with my final progress.

By then I hope I will get rid of these love handles and gut!! and I will send pictures in happily.

If Steve is impressed then I will be happy.

I'm ready.

HEY FITNESS! COME AT ME BRO!

One could certainly do worse for goals.

Now, the hard part: besides SL5x5, what are you going to do to get there?

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

As stronglifts tells you my friend, the workouts are only 20% of looking good. The other 80% is diet.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

congrats on setting some awesome goals. but remember, there is no "final progress." i know what you mean of course but this is something that's become more clear to me over the last couple of years (and probably will to you too as you get older): fitness is about lifestyle. it's great to have an idea of where you want to be weight wise and what you want to look like and be able to do...but ultimately it's about living healthily FOR LIFE. it's hard to think about when you're 17 but this is the best time to start developing healthy eating and exercise habits so that you can live your life fully into your 20s, 30s, and beyond.

great job though on getting started!

also, maybe set some smaller interim goals in the meantime?

My diet is relatively good. Only time I eat bread is for my sandwich during school, since its the most convenient option. Other than that I eat organic meals without bread most of the time.

I cut out soda entirely and either drink water or unsweetened black iced tea. My only vice is that i have tea at night in a big cup with sugar. cheat meals are few and far between.

I plan to do stronglifts 3x a week and do 20 minutes of HIIT or sprints after my stronglifts.

I know this is a lifestyle choice, that's why I put this goal out there, it's my motivation.

Skipping workouts ruin me, so I need to stay focused.

tonym, it's like we are the same person. I'm 19 and I've been fat (well, skinny-fat) for most of my life too. I don't think I've ever even been in my "prime" at all!

I have EXTREME love handles too, although I think they're actually my hips at this point. I, too, have started SL 5x5 (4 weeks straight) and have been finding my "love handles" to be withering away pretty quickly. They do feel much smaller.

I feel that we are in the exact same boat. I'm hoping that by sometime next year, I'll be able to look at my old progress pictures and see how much all this hard lifting and eating can do. If you'd like, you can read my work out logs and ask me or talk about whatever. I mean I'm no expert, but since we are in the same boat I think it'd be smart to keep a close eye on each other.

Hey Your back!!! Good to finally hear from ya!!!

Wait... Your 17 and 5'10? Dude your TALLER THAN ME!! NO FAIR!!! You should try out the 6-Week challenge! That keeps me motivated.... a little too motivated... I'll be rootin for ya!!! :D

Stronger, Stronger, Pierce the HEAVENS!!!

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" alboa