Forums are back in action! ×

Bikriki says 'Guten Tag.'

Greetings, everybody!

My name is Bikriki, although you may also call me by my given name if you prefer, which is "Christian", although I can assure you that it is the most non-descriptive name one could give me.

I am hailing from Germany and hence speak English as a second language, I hope that we may communicate even despite these incredible difficult circumstances which without doubt pose extreme hindrances on understanding on another...

ahem... anyway, a few months ago I noticed a most unfortunate trend: I was gaining more and more weight. In general, my body seemed to become more of a terrible and useless sack of organs. There was this vague idea of getting in shape, but you know... the keyword here is "vague". Furthermore, I quickly came to the conclusion that there was nothing I could do. Me, who was always the one picked last in school's sport lessons; me, who learned absolutely nothing during these and always drifted away from failing these courses by the sheer goodwill of my teachers; me, who was weaker and slower and more tired and stiffer than everybody else I have ever known.

I mean, there was volleyball but there aren't any viable clubs here and try playing volleyball alone.

Anyway, for some most unclear reason to even the gods did I enter a swim course of my school... and it was fun. My times were bad, my form was bad and I was quickly exhausted. Yet I was shown how to do a proper breast stroke, I learned something, and the next times I was in the water, I felt better. My times were still shit, but hey - at least I was feeling less bad.

For some other unclear reason, perhaps the same, did I end up joining the local group of the DLRG (a organization founded to combat deaths on sea and in pools as well teaching people to swim). So I continued to swim. And eventually, I realized something: swimming is fun.

So... to cut the story a bit shorter, I am now working on a so-called lifesaver degree so that I am of help to all those poor suckers who land in our local lake. And I guess to prove myself that I can do something useful, but that sounds egoistical.

Anyway, there's more, but I feel like this is the main meat. Eventually I did find this site, and I already said "Hey" in chat, and I guess it might help me stay focused because I know me:

I still give up way to often.

• Like 1

Herzlich willkommen! Meine Deutsch geschrieben ist nicht so gut, so tut mir leid im Voraus, aber ich wollte Sie wissen, Sie sind nicht allein als deutscher Sprecher! Auch war es Jahre, seit ich Deutsch sprach (außer in den Ferien).

Welcome to Nerd Fitness. Good on you for trying out new things and finding something you enjoy. That's key to success. I believe that everyone here who has achieved their goals are doing things they like in some way.

It doesn't sound egotistical. We wall want to know we have useful skills. I look forward to you posting about obtaining your lifesaver degree.

Challenge 1 Completed March 2015: 1 month of kettlebell swings for 10,000 total.

Challenge 2 Started April 2015: 12 months of Wendler 5/3/1, starting with 3 month 'bulk' phase + check-in

Battle Log: Cipher Unlocked

Hey, thank you for the welcome!

What are your goals? Lose fat? Gain strength? Become Aquaman?

Well, I suppose there's the more vain aspect of wanting to look good while half-naked - but more importantly I do want to feel (1) less tired all the time and possess more endurance and strength in general. In a more concrete manner, I probably want to improve my times enough so that I'm not embarrassed for them anymore.

It doesn't sound egotistical. We wall want to know we have useful skills. I look forward to you posting about obtaining your lifesaver degree.

To imagine I started doing that because one of the trainers more or less told me to come to the theoretical lessons because I apparently fulfill the technical requirements anyway...

See, sometimes it's good not being able to say 'no' d: