Forums are back in action! ×

Allow myself to introduce ... myself

Hi NF!

I've been reading the blog and checking out the forums on and off for a little while, and decided it's time to activley join the party.

In the past few years I've gone through stints of dieting, running and lifting, yo-yoing a bit with weight. At my worst I was 97KG (~213Lbs), at my lowest 81KG (~178Lbs). I'm currently 87KG (~191Lbs)

Initially I just starved myself down, I lost weight, but it wasn't good. I wasn't healthy and damn I was hungry! I knew it was something I couldn't keep up, but it started my journey.

Since then I've gone through bouts of gym training, getting stronger and fitter, then falling off, and getting fat and lazy. Though for the last 6 months I've been on a good routine, and I'm stronger than I've ever been and I'm feeling good. I'm exercising 5 - 7 times a week, most work outs being with free weights with lots of compounds working all the major muscle groups.

I'm still fatter than I'd like though, and my strength gains have stalled.

I think it's down to my diet now, whilst it hasn't been bad these last 6 months, it could be better and I think it's time for a change. I'm going to give Paleo a try. Infact, I'll make it my first 6 week challenge, I'll post there shortly. Hopefully that will give me the fuel to improve my strength, whilst helping me to shed the fat.

I welcome any advice and support you have to offer, and I'm happy to join such a great community!