Forums are back in action! ×

Share your quest narrative?

Hi all,

I'm new here as of today, and I'm kind of a shy lurker type.

I'm wondering if other people have a narrative they have applied to their quest or heroic transformation or whatever you want to call it. Like, if you have a character and this character is on a quest for X and Y and their archnemesis is Z, blah blah blah...

I want to hear 'em! If I hear enough responses I'll post my own brief narrative and character development.

Hooroo!

-Element Huntress Loveless

Hostile intent is imminent. You prepare for battle.

hi LL, I often think of my will as an unstoppable force that deals with the day to day adversities that everyone faces in life. i struggle to fight every day with everything i have to right my World. my World exists only in my mind. others go about life in their Worlds and sometimes our paths intersect. the joys in life are the melody and harmony in the way different Worlds collide and sometimes ride alongside one another for a little while. thanks for making me think about this; it was a worthwhile exercise. welcome and i hope that you will open up to us and pursue your gaols with us.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

I did this, when I was working hard for my masters degree. I drew these progress bars, and thought of how much I had to do before a level was gained, and then I drew this little guy next to it, and every level he got a new piece of equipement or did something cool. And I worked hard, because I really wanted him to save the princess or whatever.

Maybe I should do it again :D Would love to see what you are doing!

Nyxy, lvl 13 Werewolf assassin!            Current challenge: butts               Fitocracy

Actually, I too started logging my progress during my MA. I got to level 3 and then got sucked into my thesis. You can see the dumb spreadsheet I used here. Here is where I got the spreadsheet:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy-GDDW7AH4

I'm sorry mine is written in Mongolian and Japanese (and English). I often write in another language when I'm doing something I don't originally intend to show others so that I can get that practice. In that graph I'm a level 3 archaeologist and the skills I was working on were Japanese/Russian/Mongolian languages, Krav Maga, survivalism, knowledge, Art, mechanical work, and emergency medicine. You can navigate through the tabs at the bottom of the screen and see my sometimes incomprehensible side quests.

Hostile intent is imminent. You prepare for battle.