Forums are back in action! ×

1. You're a genius. 

2. You sound almost exactly where I was at this point last year. The 'workout thing' is a lot more enjoyable if you think of it as a molding process. Find a goal and work towards it with that. I actually started out by getting hooked on mud runs. I fell in love with finishing the first one and wanted to do a second, and then decided I don't want the boosts and the help. They're fantastic, but I want to pull myself up and do all these awesome feats withing needing any help!

I yo yo dieted and restricted food in the past, I did pilates videos every few months and ran to try and get 'fit' but nothing ever stuck. Since working towards getting stronger, lifting weights and keeping my endurance in check it's been a year now. The goals made a HUGE difference. 

And that's how the whole working out thing started. So what gets you going? Being healthy is the end goal but being a little more selfish on the smaller goals I've found helps keep you going to maintain that overall health goal. Find something that makes you literally want to jump up and down saying "yes, that, I want to be/do that!" do some research and dive in :) 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Welcome! First of all, your English is better than that of many Americans I know, so well done on that front. Second, one of the most helpful things you can do, as far as working out/going to the gym is concerned, is forget about how you look and what people around you might think. Most of them aren't paying any attention to anyone else anyway. Also, no one is at the gym because they're content with where they are. Everyone is trying to improve. So in that respect, you're no different from the big guy in the corner who's deadlifting 250 kilos.

So based on your post, it sounds like you primarily like Warrior-type workouts, but also like the Scout side. I'm kind of a Warrior/Scout/Assassin hybrid-type myself, which is why I went Ranger. Just getting an early plug in for my guild ;)

Anyway, best of luck with your fitness goals and see you on the forums!

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Personal trainers are, of course, quite helpful for that. Another option that is a bit less expensive is Youtube. No, it's not as effective as a trainer, but you can learn quite a bit about form/technique from some of the posters on there. Just make sure that it's a reputable source, such as Barbell Shrugged or California Strength.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.