Forums are back in action! ×

Alright men, let's dooooOOHooooooh it! Hurray!

And with that declaration of my nerdiness, here I am.

I've always been a geek, playing vidja games, battletech the board game, Lone Wolf adventure books, and in the past seven years or so, D&D by way of Neverwinter Nights online.

I'm currently building an online roleplay persistent world (I'm doing the front end, all the pretty stuff, while another guy customises all the code) based on Mystara, the original D&D setting, using the NWN game engine.

I was also an avid rock climber, hiker and camper, until my spine developed a few issues that left me unable to do pretty much anything. A few doctors trips later, I get diagnosed with Scoliosis, Scheurmann's disease, and dessication of two thorassic discs.

I was exercising (though only enough to keep me somewhat healthy) directly before I got sick, but when I had to quit work back in april of this year, all exercise stopped, and my health got worse as my waistline increased.

I've been pretty blessed so far, in that I've probably only gained about ten to fifteen kilograms, but I'm in pretty bad shape at the moment, and my main obstacle is pain, and fear. Pain from my spine, and fear of pain from my spine. :P

My disc dessication was caused by an abnormal Vit D deficiency, (my count was 24, rather than between 50 to 100) and I've been on the Vitamins for about four months now. I've since raised my Vit D count from 24 to 45, and the doctor believes that when I hit 70, I'll be pain free. I'd pretty much believed that I'd be at the mercy of my situation at least until then.

No more.

I temporarily shut down my web comic, and stepped back from all of my commitments (except for Glantri, the NWN world), to give me more time to focus on making myself awesome again. I've started a new website to document my journey, as a means of having accountability to the world.

I'm taking back body, mind, and spirit.

Hope to have you all along for the ride, and be able to harness your excellence to help me harness my own.

The Eutychus Project

Currently - Level 1 HM Cleric (AL LG)

Goal Level - Level 40 HEM Ninja (20 Monk / 20 Assassin)