Forums are back in action! ×

Here goes nothing...

Hello!

I am typically a forum lurker, but this seems like a really great community that I'd love to get involved with, so I thought I'd finally actually post something.  I am thinking about maybe joining the 6 week challenge, but as they say... baby steps.  

Quick bio, my name is Rachel and I'm a 30 year old recent (holy crap, how has it already been almost 2 years?) transplant to the DFW area.  Texas is a huge change from my home state of Pennsylvania, but the extra sunlight and increased opportunity to be outside is totally worth it!  I've been a bit chubby/heavy most of my life, fairly sedentary and with terrible eating habits (one time when I was 12-13 I ate almost a whole bag of smartfood cheese popcorn while watching a movie without even realizing it!).  My mom eats more vegetables than anyone I know, but somehow - I may or may not be stubborn - that didn't get passed to me.

So, with the help of the Nerd Fitness Academy and community, the new me will be a healthy weight, eat intelligent, healthy foods, and in general just get her crap together.  I used to rock climb, and I can't wait until I'm at a decent weight/strength level to get back to that!

I don't have a great support system currently (my fiance is great and very supportive! but I may be a tad overzealous when I find something new and maaaay be a bit annoying about it), so I'm really looking to take advantage of the great set up and tools here to help me get where I'm going!  It'll just be really great, I think, to be able to talk to real people going through the same thing.

Anyway, I hope to get to know people as I break out of my shell a bit and actually post some stuff.

Thanks!

Rachel

• Like 1

Level 3 Human Assassin

Challenges: 21

Welcome from a fellow newbie. I'd say why not jump into a 6 week challenge, since they're starting tomorrow, even if it is one with just tiny steps? Everyone here is super supportive and encouraging, and I'm pretty sure we'll all be harder to annoy than your fiancé! ;-)

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

welcome! Another challenge starts monday if you're the type to jump in with both feet! be sure and head over the the recruits page. dont worry about getting it perfect the first time, there is the ability to edit it later. Also being in the recruits teaches you how everything works!

Normally I'm a lurker too, but i'm glad i just decided to jump in)

Try not, do or do not- Yoda